| || |
Southwestern style soup with pinto beans.
|Makes 9 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||303.1 |
| Total Carbs ||32.6 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||7.8 g |
| Sugars ||4.2 g |
| Total Fat ||7.5 g |
| Saturated Fat ||2.1 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||1.6 g |
| Potassium ||784.1 mg |
| Protein ||25.3 g |
| Sodium ||220.0 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
7.47239 Fat, 0.79194 Vegetables, 2.17775 Meat, 1.78847 Starch, 0.16298 Lean Meat
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
cup Beans, pinto, mature 5 1/2
cup cold water 1
cup fresh chopped onion 4
tsp Broth, chicken, high protein, dry mix, SD 1
lb whole chicken breast, raw 2
tsp crushed garlic 1
tbsp chili powder 1
tsp ground cumin 14 1/2
oz Tomatoes, stewed, Mexican recipe, canned 0 1/2
cup fresh cilantro
- Place the well-rinsed beans in a 4-quart pot and cover with several inches of water.
- Discard any beans that float to the top.
- Soak the beans for 4-12 hours.
- Drain the beans and return to pot.
- Add the 5 1/2 cups of water, onions, and the bouillon granules. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken or pork chops, garlic, chili powder, and cumin to the pot.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the chicken or pork chops are tender and meat pulls from the bone easily.
- Remove the chicken or pork chops from the soup to cool slightly.
- Add the undrained tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes until the beans are soft and the soup is thick.
- Remove the meat from the bones and cut into bite-sized pieces or tear into shreds.
- Add the meat to the pot and raise the heat slightly to return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are well blended.
- Top each serving with scallions and cilantro. Serve hot.