| || |
Eggs, onions, cheese, and vegetables bake together to make a light and fluffy meal.
|Makes 8 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||84.3 |
| Total Carbs ||4.9 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||0.5 g |
| Sugars ||1.8 g |
| Total Fat ||4.4 g |
| Saturated Fat ||1.1 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||1.0 g |
| Potassium ||86.7 mg |
| Protein ||5.2 g |
| Sodium ||212.4 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
4.39755 Fat, 0.25617 Vegetables, 0.24288 Meat, 0.125 Milk, 0.07925 Starch, 0.35561 Lean Meat
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
each cooking spray 1
tbsp reduced fat grated parmesan cheese 2
tbsp Margarine, 80% fat, unsalted 2
tbsp Flour, all purpose, bleached, enriched 1
cup fat free milk 1
tsp minced onion 0 1/4
tsp salt 0 1/4
tsp hot pepper sauce 0.125
tsp ground nutmeg 2
each eggs 10
oz frozen chopped spinach 0 1/2
cup Cheese, American, pasteurized, processed, low fat, shredded 2
each egg whites 0 3/4
tsp cream of tartar
- Start by coating the bottom of a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray and then dust it with the Parmesan cheese.
- Over low heat, melt the margarine in a 3-quart saucepan, add the flour, stirring until smooth. Continue to cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, onion, salt, hot sauce, and nutmeg and then increase the heat to medium. Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes thickened and bubbly, and then remove it from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until they become thick and lemon colored. Next, gradually stir 1/4 of the hot white sauce into the egg yolks to combine, and then stir that mixture back into the remaining white sauce. Add the spinach and shredded cheese and cook over medium heat until the cheese melts, roughly 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then combine 4 egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat them together until stiff, but not dry, and then gently fold them into the white sauce mixture.
- To cook, spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and then bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until puffed and brown. Serve immediately.