| || |
Turkey meatballs mixed with an Italian style herbed vegetable mixture.
|Makes 4 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||269.4 |
| Total Carbs ||24.3 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||5.3 g |
| Sugars ||13.8 g |
| Total Fat ||8.3 g |
| Saturated Fat ||3.4 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||0.4 g |
| Potassium ||598.5 mg |
| Protein ||23.0 g |
| Sodium ||777.5 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
8.30989 Fat, 3.63621 Vegetables, 2.01748 Meat, 0.3125 Starch, 0.26826 Lean Meat
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
0 1/2 Directions
lb ground turkey, 7% fat, raw 0 1/4
cup Bread Crumbs, Italian style 0 1/4
cup liquid egg substitute 0 3/4
tsp black pepper 0 1/2
tsp italian seasoning 6
tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 1
each cooking spray 1
each medium onions 2
each medium garlic cloves 2
each medium zucchini 1
each Squash, summer, all types, fresh, medium 16
oz Tomatoes, with juice, Italian style, ready cut, canned 16
oz Tomatoes, crushed, with basil, canned 0 1/4
cup fresh basil 1
pinch fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey or beef, bread crumbs, egg substitute or egg, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, the Italian seasoning, and 4 tablespoons of the cheese. Form into balls the size of a golf ball.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs and cook for 15 minutes, or until browned and no longer pink inside. Remove to a bowl, leaving drippings in the skillet. Repeat to cook remainder of meatballs.
- Using the same skillet in warm drippings over medium-high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, cut tomatoes (with juice), crushed tomatoes, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese, and the meatballs.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil.
- Garnish with the basil sprig.