| || |
Source: Recipe courtesy of the California Avocado Commission.
A vegetarian chili made with tofu, beans, veggies, and your choice of pumpkin or spinach!
|Makes 8 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||172.5 |
| Total Carbs ||20.8 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||7.7 g |
| Sugars ||4.8 g |
| Total Fat ||7.0 g |
| Saturated Fat ||0.9 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||0.6 g |
| Potassium ||136.7 mg |
| Protein ||7.5 g |
| Sodium ||388.9 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
6.99569 Fat, 1.68854 Vegetables, 0.17875 Meat, 0.58008 Starch, 0.04361 Lean Meat
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
tbsp olive oil 1
cup fresh chopped onion 1
piece Tofu, firm, water pack, block or 1/5 piece 1
tbsp chili powder 2
tsp ground cumin 4
each large garlic cloves 16
oz Beans, kidney, red, canned 32
oz Tomatoes, chopped, choice, canned, FS 10
oz Spinach, frozen 1
pinch black pepper 1
pinch hot red pepper flakes 1
each fresh avocado
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onions until translucent, then add crumbled tofu and brown slightly.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and the crushed garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, turn heat to low, and simmer for an hour.
- Add water if the mixture is too thick.
- Top with chopped avocado.