History of Insulin
Air Date: February 26, 2006
Highlights: A dLife special presentation the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Purchase The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompon in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Closes column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Breakfast Wrap Sweet Potato Muffins Apricot Leather Oven-Dried Tomatoes Pumpkin and Maple Dessert Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions Two-Tomato Soup Turkey and Tomato Casserole Piquant Chicken with Apricot-Mustard Sauce Chili-Glazed Pork Roast
We're into the holiday entertaining season. For many of us, this means eating at other people's homes, out to restaurants (replete with "all you can eat" buffets), and office parties. Tight budgets, end-of-year sales rushes, and unrealistic productivity expectations have turned the office catered restaurant holiday into an "everybody bring something" potluck (or "covered dish dinner", if you're from the southeastern United States). The potluck/covered dish...