History of Insulin
Air Date: February 26, 2006
Highlights: A dLife special presentation the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Purchase The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompon in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Closes column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Onion and Spinach Frittata Champagne Vinaigrette Indian Style Grilled Turkey Cutlets Mock Chocolate Éclair Dessert Wild Rice Cherry Stuffing Minty Spinach, Garlic, and Nutmeg Soup Roasted Eggplant with Pasta Cold Peach Soup with Frozen Yogurt Pasta Skillet Cakes Pineapple Sauce Over Pears
Under New Jersey's sanitation laws, syringe needles (sharps) need to be treated as hazardous biological waste. Lancets, like the straight pins and needles we use for garment sewing, do not. Still, the potential for secondary damage (to bathroom attendants, cleaning personnel, and sanitation workers) from these small sharps is non-neglible. While there's no "prick-safe" method of disposing of the needles I break sewing an average costume, standard lancets...