History of Insulin
Air Date: February 26, 2006
Highlights: A dLife special presentation the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Purchase The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompon in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Closes column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ham and Asparagus Bake Lemon Tarragon Chicken Water Chestnuts and Snow Peas Pork Cider Stew Ginger Salmon with Bok Choy Chocolate Cappuccino Family Favorite Chicken Soup Macaroni, Tomato, and Corn Salad Cheesy Grits and Sausage Chinese Chicken Salad
Occasionally my mailbox or follow-the-link browsing will come up with something discussing whether (and if so, when) to ease the restrictions on treatment goals when the patient is elderly, arguing either to favor a higher quality of remaining life (lifestyle choices less limited by chronic illness) or to take into consideration geriatric cognitive decline (aka "senility") and simplify, as much as possible, the regimen. While the goal of medicine is, obviously, not to...