History of Insulin
Air Date: February 26, 2006
Highlights: A dLife special presentation the Story of Insulin. The story of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Purchase The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompon in the dLife Fame pages.
- Read Kelly Closes column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Quick Rice Pudding Fried Catfish Fillets Creamy Tomato Soup Applesauce Loaf Cake Dark Rum Glazed Pineapple Chunks Spicy Bean Dip Chocolate-Amaretto Pots-de-Creme Orange Roughy with Roasted Tomato and Olive Relish Yucatan Bisque Low Carb, Low Fat Mediterranean Herb Chicken
A few years ago, I wrote about a friend whose struggles with Disability left him without insulin for weeks at a time. Today, I ask those of you who follow the tradition to light a blue candle for "Tiny", who passed from this world yesterday morning. From what I know, this young man (he was no older than 37, and may not have even reached the age of 30) had early onset type 2...