Air Date: November 13, 2005 / December 25, 2005
Highlights: The biggest myths and misconceptions about diabetes with CDE Betty Brackenridge; the kick-off of the BD Diabetes Makeover with Dr. Harvey Katzeff; and quick and easy low-carb wraps from Chef Chris Smith.
Special Guests: dLife's Chris Smith - The Diabetic Chef; Betty Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE; Dr. Harvey Katzeff; Makeover participant Rachel Jones.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Tuna Wrap.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Veggie Wrap.
- Read more "Diabetes Myths, Misconceptions, and Big Fat Lies!" from Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Spaghetti Squash Stuffed Pepper Shells Blackberry Peach Banana Smoothie Toasted Pappadums Cold Lemon Broccoli Salad Citrus Salad With California Avocado Cranberry and Apricot Muffins Crustless Carrot Quiche Beef Brisket with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions Citrus Halibut
It’s been awhile. Life has been on overdrive for the past three months and I am so happy to finally say that there is reprieve. I see the light and see so much that God has in store. I’ve been dealing with some significant work stress in addition to normal life stress and have barely been able to stay afloat. In the past three months, I have leaned heavily on Ross and my mom for much needed support to get through a rough time and make some tough decisions. Now it’s ending and new things are...