Air Date: November 13, 2005 / December 25, 2005
Highlights: The biggest myths and misconceptions about diabetes with CDE Betty Brackenridge; the kick-off of the BD Diabetes Makeover with Dr. Harvey Katzeff; and quick and easy low-carb wraps from Chef Chris Smith.
Special Guests: dLife's Chris Smith - The Diabetic Chef; Betty Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE; Dr. Harvey Katzeff; Makeover participant Rachel Jones.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Tuna Wrap.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Veggie Wrap.
- Read more "Diabetes Myths, Misconceptions, and Big Fat Lies!" from Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tuna Salad Deluxe Couscous Tabouli Chicken Pops Easy Marinated Chicken Avocado Blueberry Smoothie Marinated Grilled Vegetables Tiramisu Bites Baked Spinach Balls with Mustard Sauce Sweet Potato Biscuits Low Carb, Fat Free Ketchup
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...