Air Date: November 13, 2005 / December 25, 2005
Highlights: The biggest myths and misconceptions about diabetes with CDE Betty Brackenridge; the kick-off of the BD Diabetes Makeover with Dr. Harvey Katzeff; and quick and easy low-carb wraps from Chef Chris Smith.
Special Guests: dLife's Chris Smith - The Diabetic Chef; Betty Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE; Dr. Harvey Katzeff; Makeover participant Rachel Jones.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Listen to dLifeTV Backstage Podcasts with guests from this show.
- Meet Rachel Jones, the BD Diabetes Makeover candidate.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Tuna Wrap.
- Get the show recipe for a low-carb Veggie Wrap.
- Read more "Diabetes Myths, Misconceptions, and Big Fat Lies!" from Betty Brackenridge and Kris Swenson.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tomato Sage Pasta Honey Mustard Dressing Fresh-from-the-Garden Olive Toss Homemade Pickles Grilled Snapper with Caper Sauce Spinach Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegarette Hearts of Palm and Red Pimentos Salad Pimento & Olive spread Coriander and Cumin Crusted Steak Caribbean Potato Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...