Inspirational People with Diabetes
Highlights: A day in the life of a popular Kansas City weatherman with type 2 diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Meet an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; Zippora Karz, New York City Ballet soloist and person with diabetes, inspires us with her story.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Bryan Busby.
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Carb Free Spiced Coffee Peggy's Pulled Pork Barbecue Cheesy Pita Rounds Mushroom Steak Stew Mojo Chicken Honey Butter Sweet Potatoes Rosemary Roast Turkey Raspberry Shake Mixed Greens with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Mexican Pizza
Like many of us with non-insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes, my biggest diabetes expense is test strips. In theory, test strips are covered by my insurance — but not nearly enough of them, and not for a device small enough to fit in my pocket. This means that if I want to have the option of testing when I want, where I want — or in more doctor- and road-safety-compliant terms, when and where I need to test (there has to be some proportion of...