Inspirational People with Diabetes
Highlights: A day in the life of a popular Kansas City weatherman with type 2 diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Meet an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; Zippora Karz, New York City Ballet soloist and person with diabetes, inspires us with her story.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Bryan Busby.
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cantaloupe Aqua Fresca Fettuccine Pasta with Black Bean Sauce Mexican Beef Chili Mac Peppermint Kisses Dilled Carrot Soup Sprout Stir-Fry Fish Burgers Salmon Patties Peach and Banana Shake Mustard and Sage Grilled Chicken
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...