Inspirational People with Diabetes
Highlights: A day in the life of a popular Kansas City weatherman with type 2 diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Meet an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; Zippora Karz, New York City Ballet soloist and person with diabetes, inspires us with her story.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Bryan Busby.
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tri-Colored Tomato Salad Balsamic Olive Dressing Seared Squid with Citrus Mango Salad Spiced Hazelnuts Ground Beef Fajitas Peppered Cauliflower Lentil Salad with Vegetables Chicken Drumsticks with Homemade Horseradish Sauce Chef Salad Garlic Pork with Tarragon Dip Green Grape Sorbet
Like many others in the diabetes online community, I was very happy to see Denise Faustman’s clinical testing of a type 1 diabetes vaccine moving to phase 2. While I’ve learned to contain my happiness when stories about cures for diabetes come and go, I do believe that if there is one, it will be her warm, bespectacled and freckled face on the front page of the story. While I take the news with a grain of salt, it’s certainly better to...