Inspirational People with Diabetes
Highlights: A day in the life of a popular Kansas City weatherman with type 2 diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Meet an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; Zippora Karz, New York City Ballet soloist and person with diabetes, inspires us with her story.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Bryan Busby.
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Gingered Pork and Cabbage Soup Low Carb Meat Loaf with Wine Cowboy Potatoes French Sauteed Turkey Sandwich Vegetarian Meatloaf Mushroom Stuffed Potato Skins Vegetable Chili Baked Cod with Toasted Almonds Chicken Strips Stir Fry Blueberry Oats
I no longer wear an insulin pump. Nor do I wear a CGM. I wish the latter were different, as I think a CGM would be quite useful, but the welts that it leaves on my skin - in spite of multiple efforts to fight that welts - are just unacceptable. I am, however, still interested in when people remove their pumps and why. I've seen some recent discussion around folks being asked to remove their pump for mammogram procedure, so I figured I'd ask around the hospital I work to...