Inspirational People with Diabetes
Highlights: A day in the life of a popular Kansas City weatherman with type 2 diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Meet an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; Zippora Karz, New York City Ballet soloist and person with diabetes, inspires us with her story.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Bryan Busby.
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Meet ballet star Zippora Karz.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Artichoke-Stuffed Bread with Capers Clams Casino Lower-Fat Cornbread Grilled Pork with Barbeque Dipping Sauce Spiced Rhubarb Jam Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins Healthy Holiday Cranberry Chutney Guava and Tamarind Sauce Caramel Coffee Delight Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Sometimes I feel like a slave to diabetes. When it says bend, I bend. When I bend to far, it slaps me in the bottom knocking me over. If I'm not bent enough, it whispers viciously in my ear, insults my intelligence, and makes me wonder why I even try at all. The delicate balance it requires feels, far too often, outside of my capability. But I still strive at it. Why? Because I really have no choice in the matter. Like a slave or an indentured servant, I trade much...