Staying Healthy with Diabetes
Highlights: On the next dLifeTV episode, Jim Turner gets physical with Iron Man Jay Hewitt; Chef Michel Nischan shares a delicious and healthy teriyaki recipe; Deby Hull discusses the constant challenge of navigating health insurance.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Ironman Triathlete Jay Hewitt.
- Get the recipe for Tofu Teriyaki.
- Find out how to manage your health insurance appeals.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Shrimp Sate with Pineapple Salsa Flourless Chocolate Cake Pozole Very Berry Swirl Sautéed Leeks and Peppers Pineapple Salad White Sea Bass with Garlic Marinated Mushrooms Karen's Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
I had a bad one last night. A scary low bloodsugar that reminded me just how tenuous diabetes makes my existence. I hate those. I hate the feeling that I'm anything less than a strong, capable woman. Diabetes, like a sledge hammer to the knees, has a way of hobbling the confidence I have in my health, strength and well-being. It is both frustrating and disheartening. It's 2:00 am and a good friend called from their third shift job because they needed someone. Just...