Staying Healthy with Diabetes
Highlights: On the next dLifeTV episode, Jim Turner gets physical with Iron Man Jay Hewitt; Chef Michel Nischan shares a delicious and healthy teriyaki recipe; Deby Hull discusses the constant challenge of navigating health insurance.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Read more about Ironman Triathlete Jay Hewitt.
- Get the recipe for Tofu Teriyaki.
- Find out how to manage your health insurance appeals.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chili-Spiced Nuts Apple, Pear, and Cranberry Compote Apple and Beet Slaw With Horseradish Dressing Coffee Cheesecake Dessert Mashed Potato Casserole Guajillo Pork Chops In The Pink Party Salad Zucchini Herb Soup Quick Cucumber Salad Broccoli and Orange Salad
Like many of us with non-insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes, my biggest diabetes expense is test strips. In theory, test strips are covered by my insurance — but not nearly enough of them, and not for a device small enough to fit in my pocket. This means that if I want to have the option of testing when I want, where I want — or in more doctor- and road-safety-compliant terms, when and where I need to test (there has to be some proportion of...