Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Dill Carrot Soup Spinach Salad with Pears and Pecans (Gluten Free) Scalloped Skillet Potatoes Turkey Asparagus Salad Hot Chicken Sandwiches Fettuccine Pasta with Black Bean Sauce Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar Cream of Tomato Couscous Tabouli Overnight Layered Salad
During that long first week in the hospital following diagnosis, the endocrinologists and nurses teach you many things. A proper hairy eyeball is not one of them. The hairy eyeball comes with time. Eyes are squinted at 30 degrees without blinking. Head moves slowly in direction of intended target and protrudes forward alien-like. Lips are tightly aligned and locked. Limbs and torso are...