Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Savory Turkey-Mushroom Burgers Tuna Sushi Burgers Chickpea and Tomato Salad Thai Chicken Salad Romaine and Orange Salad Shrimp Spread "Bruschetta" Triscuits Turkey Roulade Creamy Avocado Dip Cheese Dip with Beer
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...