Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Guacamole Salad (Gluten Free) Fruit Stuffed Squash Shrimp and Feta Salad (Gluten Free) Easy Apple Pear Crisp Beef Filets with Vegetables Date and Oat Snack Bars Chicken Curry Goat Cheese Salad Creamed Succotash Bunjal Chicken
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...