Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Artichoke Squares Indian Chicken Salad Pitas Apple-Lemon Carrots Black Bean Soup Lime Green Beans Peach Skewers Jalapeno Tomatillo Salsa Steamed Carrots with Tofu Alfredo Sauce Sweet Fruit Empanadas Banana Nut and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...