Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sauteed Cabbage with Caraway Carrot-Lime Salad Chocolate Bundt Cake Creamy Pesto Sauce Strawberry-Banana Cream Pie Rhubarb Crisp with Pine Nut Streusel Topping Pear-Ginger Lemonade Roast Sausage Ring Breakfast Casserole Beef Minestrone
So.... I had a real bad low bloodsugar the other night. The kind of low bloodsugar that might have required an ambulance call had I not relented, finally and after much go around, to taking the treatment that was being offered to me. Ambulances make noise. They make lights. They make attention at 2:30 in the morning. Which brought up a discussion about disclosure. "Do your neighbors know you're a diabetic?" "No, I've only been here a couple of weeks and...