Newly Diagnosed Stories and Inspiration
Highlights: Meet Charlie O'Connell, a person with type 1 who has devoted his life to helping others achieve their fitness goals; Chef Michel Nischan serves up a tasty alternative to white semolina flour that lets you have your noodles and eat them, too, without spiking that sugar count; Jim Turner stars in his very own Jim Turner's Diabetes Theatre; Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Setting goals and sticking to them.
- Find famous actors and actresses with diabetes.
- Learn how to use the Glycemic Index.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Lemon Soup Granola Blondies Enlitened Kosher Cooking - Light Waldorf Salad Chicken Chow Mein Steak n' Brown Sauce Mushroom and Pepper Bake Chicken with Garlic Cheese Straws Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs Kosher Thick Mushroom Soup
What's the first thing you do, after opening a new vial of test strips? Run a control test, right? (Well, that's what you're supposed to do, even though it "wastes" one or more of that precious commodity.) Every vial of test strips has a reference range for one or more control solutions. (If there's more than one range, our vials of control solution usually tell us to look for the "normal" or "low" range.) What...