Newly Diagnosed Stories and Inspiration
Highlights: Meet Charlie O'Connell, a person with type 1 who has devoted his life to helping others achieve their fitness goals; Chef Michel Nischan serves up a tasty alternative to white semolina flour that lets you have your noodles and eat them, too, without spiking that sugar count; Jim Turner stars in his very own Jim Turner's Diabetes Theatre; Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Setting goals and sticking to them.
- Find famous actors and actresses with diabetes.
- Learn how to use the Glycemic Index.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Rich Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Cheesy Turkey Quesadillas Water Chestnuts and Snow Peas Brussels Sprouts and Gnocchi Salad Stuffed Baked Apples Cheese Stuffed Eggplant Rollups Spanish Shepherd's Pie Potato Garlic Soup Cannelloni Casserole Broccoli and Tofu Pasta
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...