Supermarket Savvy: Shopping for Grains
Highlights: Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Chef Michel Nischan shares a great recipe for traditional beet soup; Lynn Prowitt explores shopping for grains with diabetes; Jim Turner interviews entrepreneur Vietnam Veteran Urban Miyares.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Easy and delicious ways to incorporate nutrient-rich whole grains into your diet.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Carrot Pudding Roasted Pork Chops and Vegetables Barbados Chicken Kabobs Creamy Cucumber Salad (Dairy Dressing) Mediterranean Mayonaise Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes Angel Food Cake with Berries Yee-ha! Burgers Halibut Florentine Watermelon Froth
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...