Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Warm Spiced Punch Risotto with Roasted Tomatoes Chicken Piccata Baked Apples Strawberry Gelatin Mousse Chicken, Ham and Vegetable Stew Summer Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Steamed Japanese Eggplant Green Chile Braised Pork Cardamom-Pear Muffins
“Why aren’t you freaking out?” Susanne asked me, as she stuffed the seventy-ninth juice box into Charlie’s drawstring bag to add to the 1000-count container of grape glucose tabs. The weight of the bag dropped him to the floor like an anchor and he scrambled around on his back like a crab. “Aren’t you nervous???” “Yeah, I’m nervous,” I said, although it didn’t sound as if I was. I fiddled with my phone, making swift visits to Instagram...