Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Creamy Red Potato Salad Salmon Canapes Pork and Beans Casserole Summer Tomato Soup Ground Papaya and Greens Colorful Bulgur Salad Baked Fish with Mustard Tuna-Pepper Pasta Pepper Steak Stir Fry (Gluten Free) Black Beans
So... About that swollen finger. Against my better judgement I skipped going to the doc for the swollen finger. It is my middle finger, by the way, on my right hand. After talking with a friend of mine, I decided to give a home regiment a try. I wasn't in *that* much pain and really, what could it hurt. I knew that if whatever I tried didn't work I'd end up at the doctor's office anyway. Just fitting in that visit - plus going on an antibiotic - which has its whole set...