Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Three Bean Salad with Chili-Apricot Dressing Aztec Chicken Salad Fiery Island Pineapple Pork Chops Spicy Peanut Butter Dip Mexican-Style Corn Chowder Apple Stuffed Chicken Roast Sausage Ring Asian Beef Salad Rolls of Cinnamon German Potato Salad
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...