Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Simmered Beets Garlic-Roasted Carrots Canadian Bacon Cornbread Baked Ling Cod Caesar Hot Artichoke Dip Swordfish with a Fennel Saffron Sauce Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Relish Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Baked Whole Rainbow Trout in Ginger Sauce Beef Stir-Fry
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...