Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Pork with Apple Onion Sauce Turkey Asparagus Salad Herb Broth Venetian Fish Stew Chile Pepper Chicken Barbecued Chicken Frozen Yogurt with Orange Sauce Beef, Barley, and Vegetable Soup Vegetable Chowder Tuna and Veggie Skillet
So.... I had a real bad low bloodsugar the other night. The kind of low bloodsugar that might have required an ambulance call had I not relented, finally and after much go around, to taking the treatment that was being offered to me. Ambulances make noise. They make lights. They make attention at 2:30 in the morning. Which brought up a discussion about disclosure. "Do your neighbors know you're a diabetic?" "No, I've only been here a couple of weeks and...