Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Pacific Sizzle Salad Hot Potato Salad Beef Tips and Vegetables over Noodles Avocado, Orange, and Fennel Salad Breakfast Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich Carrot Soup Alsatian Rub Cranberry-Peach Sauce Swordfish with Lemon-Sauce White and Sweet Roasted Potatoes
Lucy Ricardo once asked, "Are you tired, run-down, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular?" The answer to all one's woes, per the script, was all in the bottle of the ill-tasting, heavily-alcoholic "Vitameatavegamin". As people living in a fast-food, de-fibered, de-mineralized society, vitamin and mineral supplements are part and parcel of daily life — especially life...