Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Tomato-Parmesan Stuffed Flank Steak Chocolate Applesauce Cupcakes Shrimp and Cauliflower Salad Apple-Raisin Ham Rolls Cranberry-Onion Pork Roast Tasty Turkey Loaf Balsamic Spiced Lamb Kabobs Bacon-Cheddar Mushrooms Garbanzo Bean Salad Genova Salad
While Charlie begins day 1 of hockey camp today, a group of brave campers near Boston are beginning a two-week "bionic pancreas" trial. I watched the video from last year's camp and lost it when Ed Damiano, the developer of the project, told eight girls that they were about to go bionic and that they would be completely controlled by the device for the next five days. Tears streamed down my cheeks. "Is everybody ready?" Damiano asked? ...