Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Sesame Ginger Turkey Portuguese Beef Corn Chicken Mexican Style Salsa Ham and Asparagus Roll Ups Strawberries in Wine Beef Round Steak With Herbs Tahini Dressing Double-Decker Fruit Salad Garlic Green Beans
So. It's been a little over a month now since prediabetes moved into my house. I had to take some time to process everything mentally and add a few more to-do's to my list: 1 - get a 3-hour glucose test for each kid (Check) 2 - schedule follow-ups with the nurse practitioner (Check) 3 - schedule a meeting with the head of the pediatric group to discuss (On hold) 4 - possibly find a new endo (Remains to be seen) Clearly there remains a fair amount of adjustment to be...