Exercising with a Disability
Highlights: Charlie O'Connell of FitScript works with diabetes patient James Butte to overcome the challenges of exercising with a disability; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to prepare a delicious fried catfish; Joy Pape RN,CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Guess your carbs with Divabetic's Carb Kitty; Benno Schmidt revisits the Coalition of Pastors Spouses for an episode of ‘Where Are They Now?'
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See the national exercise guidelines for adults.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Take this fitness self-assessment.
- Watch exercise how-to videos on dLife.com.
- Check out the American College of Sports Medicine "Exercise is Medicine" videos.
- Get tips for working out at home.
- Start a walking program.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
Other places of interest:
Chocolate Meringue Drops Escarole with Raisins Pomegranate Punch Vegetable Medley Strudel Spinach-Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Chinese Hot and Sour Soup Eggplant Souffle Chive Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits Cioppino Spicy Chile Pork
I’ll be the first to admit it – when I first heard that Nightscout was in the “CGM in the cloud” business, I was very skeptical. I mean, I was a big fan of their music back in the day, but what could a group of 1980s arena rockers possibly know about cloud-based diabetes technology? Writing Sister Christian is one thing. Writing code for open-source software is completely another! Nightscout completely proved me wrong and I’m happy to report...