Going to the Chapel
Highlights: Nat Strand takes us through planning a diabetes-friendly wedding; Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a hearty, spicy casserole with a potato crust; Jim Turner finds out what some people would do if they didn't have diabetes for 24 hours; Lynn Prowitt returns to Palmers Market to teach us how to fill our carts with diabetes-friendly foods.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Check out these eggs-quisite breakfast ideas.
- Get a week's worth of low carb lunches.
- Take advantage of this one-week meal plan that incorporates diabetes superfoods.
- Learn how to use the Glycemic Index.
- Read about Viewpoints columnist Kerri Sparling's big, healthy diabetes wedding.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Broccoli, Pepper and Apricot Salad Turkey Barley Skillet Supper Marinated Beef for Fajitas Chicken Provencal Mediterranean White Bean Dip Egg in the Bread Ginger-Sesame Dressing Hidden Value Chili Cracker Pizzas Cobb Salad
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...