dLifeTV Show 241
Highlights: dLife profiles Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Sam Fuld and his camp for kids with diabetes. Also, a return to the supermarket for great ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Sam Fuld's biography.
- Find out more about Sam Fuld's sports camp.
- Find out more about drug side effects.
- Get more information about work and diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Grilled Flank Steak.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Sweet and Spicy Broccoli Potato Soup Oatmeal Bread Creamy Clam Chowder Double Chocolate Brownies Vegetable Gratin (Gluten Free) Garlic Soup with Toast Pistachio-Banana Pie Chicken Breasts in a Cherry Wine Sauce Summertime Fresh Fruit Delight Succotash Supreme
This past weekend was a whole lot of diabetes weird. I've finally gotten into a good rhythm with my Lantus rate - settling in with a 70-30 nighttime-morning split of the total dose. My bolus dosing seems to be pretty much on the money too. I'm avoiding huge swings... Though lows are creeping up more often, I think because summer traditionally is a lower basal rate time, owing to warmer weather, increased activity and sweat, as we get closer to the warmer days I just need less insulin in the...