dLifeTV Show 239
Highlights: Champion cross-country skier Kris Freeman faces his demons in the Olympics; expert tips for drugstore diabetes shopping; and Jim Turner asks spouses how they deal with diabetes challenges.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Kris Freeman's biography.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out more about the diabetes and memory connection.
- Get the recipe for One Pot Chicken & Mushrooms.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Swiss Chard and Onion Stew Steak and Peppers Chicken Italian Grouper with Mango Salsa Salmon Dip Low-Carb Knaidlach (Matzoh Balls) Mashed Celery Root and Potatoes Mushroom Medley Picnic Potato Salad with Green Onions Barbados Chops with Black Bean Relish
I have a friend, M, who has diabetes and never, ever tests her bloodsugar before she gets behind the wheel. This has always worried me about her. On Wednesday, she had a bad accident after passing out behind the wheel. She hit another car head on. I thank the universe that no one was killed, but she and the driver of the other vehicle were both badly injured. She's got a long healing road ahead of her, as does the woman she hit. I was talking about the...