dLifeTV Show 239
Highlights: Champion cross-country skier Kris Freeman faces his demons in the Olympics; expert tips for drugstore diabetes shopping; and Jim Turner asks spouses how they deal with diabetes challenges.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Kris Freeman's biography.
- Find out which oral medications can cause a rise in your blood glucose.
- Find out more about the diabetes and memory connection.
- Get the recipe for One Pot Chicken & Mushrooms.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Diabetes Drug Shows Promise in the Treatment of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Chilled Seafood Salad Egg and Vegetable Salad Wraps Kickin' Kabobs Mayan Iced Coffee Moroccan Spice Crusted Sea Bass Citrus-Mint Tea Garlic Green Beans with Manchego Cheese Orange-Lime Sweet Potatoes Beef Carnitas Turtle Pie
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...