dLifeTV Show 237
Highlights: From glucose tabs to used test strips, Jim Turner hits the street to find out what’s in your diabetes kit. And the personal journey of a woman who is living well with diabetes and neuropathy. Plus, Dr. Nat Strand answers your questions and a trip to the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get more information on children with diabetes.
- Get the recipe for French Onion Soup.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup Thyme Roasted Root Vegetables Herb Baked Trout Grilled Tuna with Tapenade and Lemon Mashed Potatoes Red Apple Salad Seven Layer Salad Frozen Strawberry Mousse Dilled Carrot Soup Super Cheesy Chicken
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...