Type 1 Whiteboard
dLifeTV Show 236
Highlights: Dr. Johnny White explains why how you think about your diabetes may be the most important key in controlling it. Also, Jim Turner’s devilish alter ego returns to crash a party, and Dr. Nat Strand talks animals and diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about ways to help the diabetes cause.
- Visit Johnny White's Welcome to Type 1 website.
- Get the recipe for Mushroom Bisque.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Curried Pork Kabobs Champagne Vinaigrette Herbed Green Beans Sausage-Cheese Meatballs Grilled Glazed Peaches Sweet & Sour Green Tomato Salsa Veggie Chili (Gluten Free) Herb-Crusted Lamb Fruit Kabobs Asian Lettuce Wraps with Beef
In high school biology, we learned that another term for carbohydrates is "polysaccharides". These break down into "discaccharides", and further into "monosaccharides". These small-molecule carbohydrates are more commonly known as "sugars". Similarly, we learned that fats are (after a long process) broken down into monosaccharides, and parts of proteins are broken down into these as well. We learned about three common disaccharides —...