Type 1 Whiteboard
dLifeTV Show 236
Highlights: Dr. Johnny White explains why how you think about your diabetes may be the most important key in controlling it. Also, Jim Turner’s devilish alter ego returns to crash a party, and Dr. Nat Strand talks animals and diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about ways to help the diabetes cause.
- Visit Johnny White's Welcome to Type 1 website.
- Get the recipe for Mushroom Bisque.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage with Garlicky Broccoli Rabe and Cherry Tomatoes Fire-Roasted Salsa Fresh Corn Pudding Zucchini Raisin Muffins Zero Carb Barbequed Pulled Pork Joe Weaver's Seasoned Greens Herbed Chick Pea Salad Chipotle Chili con Carne with vegetables Steamed Red Bell Peppers and Cabbage Grecian Kabobs
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...