Type 1 Whiteboard
dLifeTV Show 236
Highlights: Dr. Johnny White explains why how you think about your diabetes may be the most important key in controlling it. Also, Jim Turner’s devilish alter ego returns to crash a party, and Dr. Nat Strand talks animals and diabetes.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about ways to help the diabetes cause.
- Visit Johnny White's Welcome to Type 1 website.
- Get the recipe for Mushroom Bisque.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cinco de Mayo Avocado Salsa Pineapple Lemon Trifle Fabulous Fruit Muffins Chinese Egg Drop Soup Apple-Currant Bars Grilled Mustard-Glazed Pork Tenderloin South American Potato Salad Vegetable Gumbo with Shrimp and Sausage Tofu Banana Smoothie Norwegian Sauce
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...