dLifeTV Show 235
Highlights: A new documentary explores the challenges of being a parent of a child with diabetes. Plus, tips for spotting hidden carbs, and Dr. Nat Strand answers viewer questions.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on the Patient 13 documentary.
- Find more information on children with diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Cheesy Spinach Bake.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mexicali Pork Chops Dilled Fish Fillets Citrus Jalapeno Chicken Veggie Omelet Crunchy Cornflake Fish with Cucumber Dill Relish Lemon Verbena Flavored Tea Blueberry Bread Asian Soup with Shredded Chicken and Rice Morning Coffee Herb Potato Salad
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...