dLifeTV Show 235
Highlights: A new documentary explores the challenges of being a parent of a child with diabetes. Plus, tips for spotting hidden carbs, and Dr. Nat Strand answers viewer questions.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on the Patient 13 documentary.
- Find more information on children with diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Cheesy Spinach Bake.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...