Haiti & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 234
Highlights: dLife visits Haiti on the two-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake that continues to make diabetes a daily struggle.
Special guests: Sean Penn, Petra Nemcova, and President Bill Clinton
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Beef Patties with Mushroom Sauce Spinach-Salmon Pinwheels Morning Coffee Chocolate Mint Brownie Stir-Fry Pork with Rice Cherry Berry Pie Cups Date and Apple Charoset Swiss Chard with Garlic and Oregano Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs Tomato Basil Pesto
Like many others in the diabetes online community, I was very happy to see Denise Faustman’s clinical testing of a type 1 diabetes vaccine moving to phase 2. While I’ve learned to contain my happiness when stories about cures for diabetes come and go, I do believe that if there is one, it will be her warm, bespectacled and freckled face on the front page of the story. While I take the news with a grain of salt, it’s certainly better to...