Haiti & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 234
Highlights: dLife visits Haiti on the two-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake that continues to make diabetes a daily struggle.
Special guests: Sean Penn, Petra Nemcova, and President Bill Clinton
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Jamaican Rubbed Chops Walnut Waffles With Blueberry Sauce 5-Seeded Pork Roast Stuffed Chicken Breasts Southwestern Chicken with Bean Sauce Shrimp Celery Victor Pecan Crusted Catfish Chicken Breasts with Apple Curry Sauce Cranberry Coffee Cake Creamy Flavored Pops
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...