Seniors & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 233
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how diabetes drugs and devices are approved for use and how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) helps, or hinders, that process. Also, a discussion of the special issues seniors with diabetes face as they age; and dLife's Jim Turner asks you how your spouse deals with your diabetes health.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about seniors and diabetes.
- Keep track of all of the diabetes medications you take every day.
- Get the recipe for Impossible Berry Pie.
- How to administer glucagon.
- Learn more about CGMS.
- Why the overnight/morning highs?
- Find out more about Al Mann.
- Get help as a caregiver.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Pomegranate Passion with Strawberries Creole Chicken and Pasta Roasted Ham Spicy Popcorn Wild Rice Stir Fry Ocean Spray® Cranberry Gorgonzola Appetizer Tart Zsweet Pumpkin Muffins Brazilian Pork Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette Blueberry Pound Cake Chile Almond Dip
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...