Diabetes in Washington
dLifeTV Show 232
Highlights: dLife heads to Capitol Hill to visit the JDRF Children’s Congress, and to see what progress diabetes advocates are making in Washington. Plus, Jim Turner asks: “What’s the most insensitive thing someone has said about your diabetes?”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the JDRF Children's Congress.
- Learn more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out how you can become a diabetes advocate.
- Get the recipe for Crispy "Fried" Vegetables.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tangy Lemon-Caper Dip Chickpea Salad Creamy Onion Dip with Blue Cheese Raspberry Cranberry Lemon Berry Squeeze PB & J Banana Splits Sweet and Tangy Lentil Soup Caribbean Cucumber Salad Cheese-Stuffed Veal Marsala Lemon Roasted Asparagus Tuna Salad Pita Pockets
Some people have trained diabetes alert dogs that bark and lick their face in the middle of the night when their child is experiencing dangerously high or low blood sugars. I don't have a dog to wake me up. When I sleep past the alarm and forget to test my son's blood sugar, I turn to my go-to guy - a hallucinatory stone-faced murderer. Completely zonked hours after I wanted to wake up and check Charlie, I found myself walking along the...