Diabetes in Washington
dLifeTV Show 232
Highlights: dLife heads to Capitol Hill to visit the JDRF Children’s Congress, and to see what progress diabetes advocates are making in Washington. Plus, Jim Turner asks: “What’s the most insensitive thing someone has said about your diabetes?”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the JDRF Children's Congress.
- Learn more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out how you can become a diabetes advocate.
- Get the recipe for Crispy "Fried" Vegetables.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Candy Popcorn Spicy Beef Casserole Linguine with Clam Sauce Lemon Pound Cake Italian-Style Slow Cooked Turkey Soup Baked Halibut with Parmesan Olympus Greek Salad w/Chicken Jam Thumbprints Peachy Mustard Pork Chops Healthy Pumpkin Pie
I was at boxing class the other day, and quite honestly I was taking my chances. I knew it. I had been low earlier in the day and used all of my emergency juice to treat that insulin reaction, leaving me at class (which is directly after work) with no juice whatsoever. No good. Of course, that day - the day I have no juice would be the exact day that diabetes picks to do its dirty work. Mid-class, I had a plummet. Just dropped to very low and but quick. I sat to test and...