dLifeTV Show 229
Highlights: dLife looks at how diabetes disproportionately affects African-American, Native American, and Latino populations in America. Plus, low-carb home cooking in the dLife kitchen, and a visit to the Essence Music Fesitval.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Save your vision. Learn more about vision complications.
- Find more information on Latinos and diabetes.
- Find more information on African Americans and diabetes.
- Find more information on Native Americans and diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Roast.
- Who are the famous — and infamous — people with diabetes? Find out.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Low Carb Meat Loaf Mushroom Stuffed Potato Skins Chocolate Buttermilk Cake Lemon Squares Easy Macaroni and Cheese Spinach Strawberry Salad Curried Salmon Barbecue Meat Loaf Banana Bran Cake Coconut and Crabmeat Souffle
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...