dLifeTV Show 226
Highlights: An American Idol shares her diabetes challenges on the road to fame, and Jim Turner hits the streets to talk about diabetes fears. Plus, a low carb salad with a sweet and sour twist in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Crystal Bowersox and Toby Peterson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Crystal Bowersox.
- Learn about other musicians with diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get more information about DKA.
- Read more about the career of Toby Peterson.
- Get the recipe for Sweet & Sour Turnip Green Salad.
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Crawfish Omelet Picante Sour Cream Tuna Puttanesca Tossed Salad with Roasted Almonds Grilled Brisket Grilled Acorn Squash with Tofu Herb and Oat Crusted Chicken Apple Dressing Sweet & Spicy Thai Marinade Mushroom Omelet Blues
I had a bad one last night. A scary low bloodsugar that reminded me just how tenuous diabetes makes my existence. I hate those. I hate the feeling that I'm anything less than a strong, capable woman. Diabetes, like a sledge hammer to the knees, has a way of hobbling the confidence I have in my health, strength and well-being. It is both frustrating and disheartening. It's 2:00 am and a good friend called from their third shift job because they needed someone. Just...