dLifeTV Show 226
Highlights: An American Idol shares her diabetes challenges on the road to fame, and Jim Turner hits the streets to talk about diabetes fears. Plus, a low carb salad with a sweet and sour twist in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Crystal Bowersox and Toby Peterson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Crystal Bowersox.
- Learn about other musicians with diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get more information about DKA.
- Read more about the career of Toby Peterson.
- Get the recipe for Sweet & Sour Turnip Green Salad.
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Orange Caramel Flan Haddock with Mushrooms Baked Tomatoes Lemon Parmesan Peas Five Spice Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry Savory Seitan Fajitas Turkey Vegetable Stew Artichoke Tapenade Thai Lemon Lime Shrimp Salad Easy Broiled Fish Steaks
This past weekend was a whole lot of diabetes weird. I've finally gotten into a good rhythm with my Lantus rate - settling in with a 70-30 nighttime-morning split of the total dose. My bolus dosing seems to be pretty much on the money too. I'm avoiding huge swings... Though lows are creeping up more often, I think because summer traditionally is a lower basal rate time, owing to warmer weather, increased activity and sweat, as we get closer to the warmer days I just need less insulin in the...