dLifeTV Show 226
Highlights: An American Idol shares her diabetes challenges on the road to fame, and Jim Turner hits the streets to talk about diabetes fears. Plus, a low carb salad with a sweet and sour twist in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Crystal Bowersox and Toby Peterson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Crystal Bowersox.
- Learn about other musicians with diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get more information about DKA.
- Read more about the career of Toby Peterson.
- Get the recipe for Sweet & Sour Turnip Green Salad.
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
High-Energy Muffins Spicy and Sweet Chicken Tamale Pie Soy Beans and Dried Cranberries Herbed Steamed Vegetables Chili Vegetable Tostadas Wild Rice Casserole Braised Red Cabbage Croutons Spicy Apple Chicken
Under New Jersey's sanitation laws, syringe needles (sharps) need to be treated as hazardous biological waste. Lancets, like the straight pins and needles we use for garment sewing, do not. Still, the potential for secondary damage (to bathroom attendants, cleaning personnel, and sanitation workers) from these small sharps is non-neglible. While there's no "prick-safe" method of disposing of the needles I break sewing an average costume, standard lancets...