dLifeTV Show 226
Highlights: An American Idol shares her diabetes challenges on the road to fame, and Jim Turner hits the streets to talk about diabetes fears. Plus, a low carb salad with a sweet and sour twist in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Crystal Bowersox and Toby Peterson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Crystal Bowersox.
- Learn about other musicians with diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get more information about DKA.
- Read more about the career of Toby Peterson.
- Get the recipe for Sweet & Sour Turnip Green Salad.
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Prosciutto and Asparagus Rolls Green Beans with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Sesame Chicken with Asparagus California Salad Pickled Beets Cheesy Pita Rounds Snowy Vanilla Pecan Crescents Turkey Cutlets with Apple and Sweet Onion Relish Chocolate-Berry Bliss Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream Torte
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...