dLifeTV Show 226
Highlights: An American Idol shares her diabetes challenges on the road to fame, and Jim Turner hits the streets to talk about diabetes fears. Plus, a low carb salad with a sweet and sour twist in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Crystal Bowersox and Toby Peterson.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet Crystal Bowersox.
- Learn about other musicians with diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get more information about DKA.
- Read more about the career of Toby Peterson.
- Get the recipe for Sweet & Sour Turnip Green Salad.
- Find out more about diabetes complications.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Warm Indian Pudding Elbows with Fresh Spinach Baked Macaroni Sesame Vegetable Medley Lasagna Roll-Ups Turkey Wrap Garden Vegetable Scramble Cornflakes "Fried" Chicken Bread and Butter Pudding Apple and Carrot Salad
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...