dLifeTV show 224
Highlights: One of the country's largest health organizations conducts a groundbreaking study on how media can improve diabetes control. Also, how hormones help and hinder diabetes.
Special Guest: Martin Abrahamson, M.D., Chief Medical Office Joslin Diabetes Center
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Do you know your risk for developing type 2 diabetes?
- Find out the roles hormones play in the human body.
- What are GLP-1 Agonists? Find out.
- Get more information about islets.
- Get the recipe for Lemon Garlic Chokes & Beans
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Black Beans and Rice Slow Cooked Chicken & White Bean Soup Vegetable Roll-Ups Mushroom Stuffed Sole Turkey Stroganoff Wild Rice and Apricot Stuffing 5-Minute Quesadillas Irish Cappuccino Coconut Colada Pie Mexican-Style Chicken Soup
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...