dLife Show 217
Highlights: dLife blows apart diabetes myths and misunderstandings. Also, a look at how the online social network Facebook may actually help you improve your health, and Jim Turner on “diabetes panic.”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Separate diabetes fact from fiction.
- Test your diabetes myth busting wits.
- Visit dLife on Facebook.
- Read Manny Hernandez's column Hola Diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Frisee Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts Fruit Stuffed Squash Glazed Bell Peppers and Snow Peas Greek Lentil Stew Pomegranate Passion with Strawberries Super Cheesy Chicken Filet Mignon with Mushroom Wine Sauce Buttermilk-Dijon Watercress Salad Southern-Style Cajun Pork Citrus Tuna with Fruit Skewers
Ten years ago, I sat in my Primary Care Physician's office. I had just been weighed and measured. A nurse had just taken my vitals and my blood pressure had come in a bit higher than usual, which was no wonder because I sat there a nervous wreck. In the year since my last physical, I'd gained another fourteen pounds. I was the heaviest I'd ever been, the scale clocking me in at 228 at 5'3" tall. I honestly couldn't believe it. I knew that I hadn't gotten my eating habits under control in...