dLife Show 217
Highlights: dLife blows apart diabetes myths and misunderstandings. Also, a look at how the online social network Facebook may actually help you improve your health, and Jim Turner on “diabetes panic.”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Separate diabetes fact from fiction.
- Test your diabetes myth busting wits.
- Visit dLife on Facebook.
- Read Manny Hernandez's column Hola Diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Black Mushroom and Cremini Soup Crispy Sweet Potatoes Curried Chicken Salad Tomato and Shrimp Chowder Traditional Brisket and Cabbage Couscous Vegetable Beef Medley Cheese Quesadillas Chocolate Raspberry Brownies Tomato and Corn Polenta Smoked Salmon in Endive
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...