Type 2 Family
dLife Show 215
Highlights: A visit with a Native American family that has been hit hard by diabetes; an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; how ‘tweens’ deal with diabetes and growing independence; and demystifying dietary supplements.
Special Guest:David Schultz
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community
- Diabetes and Children
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Check your vision
- Get the recipe for Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Fight diabetes with supplements.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Veal Meat Loaf Grilled Vegetable Platter Chocolate Berry Mousse Creamy Israeli Salad Spiced Chili Rub Garlic Lima Bean Soup Vegetable-Cheddar Frittata Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes Grilled Salmon With Relish Asian Beef and Noodle Bowl
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...