Type 2 Family
dLife Show 215
Highlights: A visit with a Native American family that has been hit hard by diabetes; an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; how ‘tweens’ deal with diabetes and growing independence; and demystifying dietary supplements.
Special Guest:David Schultz
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community
- Diabetes and Children
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Check your vision
- Get the recipe for Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Fight diabetes with supplements.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
Tortellini and Peppers with Zesty Tomato Sauce Onion and Garlic-Spiced Tomato Soup Pork with Pear Sauce Citrus Scallop Salad Asian Noodle Steak Salad Turkey-Beef Kabobs Spicy Bean Dip Tuna Noodle Casserole Shrimp Yule Logs Indonesian Style Tofu Satay
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...