Type 2 Family
dLife Show 215
Highlights: A visit with a Native American family that has been hit hard by diabetes; an award winning photographer whose fear of blindness defined his career; how ‘tweens’ deal with diabetes and growing independence; and demystifying dietary supplements.
Special Guest:David Schultz
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community
- Diabetes and Children
- Meet David C Schultz and see more of his nature photography.
- Check your vision
- Get the recipe for Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Fight diabetes with supplements.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
Garbanzo Salsa Baked Sesame Chicken Cornish Hens with Thai Relish Cranberry Soda Punch Pea Pods and Onions Brown Sugar Apple Pudding Breakfast Banana Split Fruit Salad with Jicama Poppy Seed Tahini Dressing Honey-Glazed Chicken Teriyaki
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...