dLife Show 214
Highlights: Leading doctors debate different paths to better blood sugar control; dLife’s first community exercise class for people with diabetes; and a comfort food classic in the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Dr. Richard Bernstein.
dLifeTV Web Extras
- Learn how to lower your A1C.
- Fear needles? Learn more about them.
- Find out the insulin myths and misconceptions.
- What’s Your Staying Safe dIQ?
- Diabetes and Exercise
- Find Diabetic Recipes
- Get the recipe for Cheesy Beef Casserole
- Read an excerpt from The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes by Bob Greene; John J. Merendino Jr., M.D.; and Janis Jibrin, M.S.,R.D.
- Get more information organizing an exercise class.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Easy Graham Bread Mushrooms with Sour Cream Sicilian Broccoli Chinese Tofu and Lettuce Soup Anchovy Puff Balls Fried Lentils Avocado Salsa Vegetable Potato Curry Spaghetti with Olives and Tomatoes Gingered Chicken Breast with Vegetables
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...