Highlights: dLife demystifies sweeteners and sugar substitutes. Plus, how one woman got past denial to take control of her health. And, a heroic mother fighting diabetes in her son’s memory shares her difficult and emotional story.
Special Guest: Michelle Alswager
dLife Web Extras:
- Find more information about the Jesse Alswager foundation.
- Get more information on diabetes and children.
- Get more information on sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- Take the sugar sugar quiz.
- Learn what you need to know before starting a new medication.
- Get the recipe for 2 great appetizers - Chorizo & Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ham Salad with Hot Peanut Dressing Thai Turkey Sausage Triple Fruit Yogurt Smoothie Soft and Sweet Bread Pudding Frozen Bananas Curried Turkey and Barley Casserole Happy Morning Power Yogurt Parfait Creamy Instant Pumpkin Mousse Chicken & Vegetable Tortilla Roll-Ups Ginger Papaya Salsa
I'm always amazed when I hear how much time quarterback Peyton Manning puts in at practice. More than 15 seasons playing NFL football at the highest level and he still finds areas in his game that require fixing. It's been 10 years for us in the game of type 1 diabetes and I still have so much to learn. Not to compare my diabetes management success to Peyton Manning's football success. If anything, I'm more like Peyton's brother, Eli. I...