Highlights: dLife demystifies sweeteners and sugar substitutes. Plus, how one woman got past denial to take control of her health. And, a heroic mother fighting diabetes in her son’s memory shares her difficult and emotional story.
Special Guest: Michelle Alswager
dLife Web Extras:
- Find more information about the Jesse Alswager foundation.
- Get more information on diabetes and children.
- Get more information on sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- Take the sugar sugar quiz.
- Learn what you need to know before starting a new medication.
- Get the recipe for 2 great appetizers - Chorizo & Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Fiery Southwestern Seafood Skewers Tomato Soup with Onions Holiday Hot Chocolate Mushroom Dressing Under-The-Sea Salmon Cakes Dill Chicken Salad Blackberry Sorbet-Filled Lemon Cups Chicken Breasts in a Cherry Wine Sauce Lemon and Garlic Summer Squash Bruschetta
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...