Highlights: dLife demystifies sweeteners and sugar substitutes. Plus, how one woman got past denial to take control of her health. And, a heroic mother fighting diabetes in her son’s memory shares her difficult and emotional story.
Special Guest: Michelle Alswager
dLife Web Extras:
- Find more information about the Jesse Alswager foundation.
- Get more information on diabetes and children.
- Get more information on sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- Take the sugar sugar quiz.
- Learn what you need to know before starting a new medication.
- Get the recipe for 2 great appetizers - Chorizo & Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Broccoli Rice Casserole Asian Beef Salad Vegetarian Meatloaf Turkey with Dijon-Tarragon Cream Caponata Chicken and Vegetables with Cashews Squash Rockefeller Strawberry Lemonade Slushy Balsamic Sauteed Mushrooms Baked Fish with Mustard
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...