Airman Islet Transplant
dLife Episode 212
Highlights: The story of a war hero, the dramatic transplant that helped save his life, and what it may mean in the search for a cure. Plus, a visit to diabetes summer camp, and Jim Turner on high blood sugar hell.
Special Guest: Airman Tre Porfirio
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Find a diabetes summer camp near you.
- Learn more about Camp Nejeda.
- Get the recipe for chicken ranch salad.
- Share the rules of diabetes etiquette with others.
- Learn how to manage high blood sugar levels.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Black Bean Mexicali Salad Florentine Bread Pudding Lemon Pepper Pork Chops Pimiento Corn Mini Lobster Rolls Pineapple Salsa Jerk Chicken Kabobs Chicken Veggie Kabobs Meat Loaf and Tomato Sauce Mini Focaccia Pizzas
Charlie’s 12-year anniversary with type 1 just passed and I still know nothing about this diabetes and why it hates us so much. As if to remind us that it was its anniversary, diabetes unleashed hell on Friday. Charlie was stranded well over 400 for hours and even tipped the scale at 580. Susanne pulled Charlie out of school and started what became a wartime exercise in futility. It was one of the worst blood sugar days we’ve had in years. ...