dLifeTv Show 209
Highlights: Actress, comedienne, and “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd talks candidly about her diabetes life. Plus, Jim Turner examines the wild world of competitive eating.
Special Guest: Sherri Shepherd
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Are you at risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Learn more about Sherri Shepherd
- Read our amputation resources.
- Get the scoop on sugar substitutes, including sugar alcohols.
- Get the keys to decoding your lab report.
- Learn how to work with an RD/CDE.
- Read "Yoga: The Stealth Health Booster."
- Get the Cheesy Spinach Bake recipe featured on this show.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Pumpkin Brownies Banana, Raspberry, and Cottage Cheese Split Scallops with Shallots and Coconut Cream Asparagus Wrapped in Phyllo Soft Apple Cinnamon Cookies Agrodolce Dressing Orange-Rosemary Pork Cutlets Wiggly Shamrock Salad Ginger Flavored Beef Stew and Vegetables Super Quick Sunrise Slushy
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...