Depression and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 208
Highlights: Why depression often strikes people with diabetes hard, and what you can do about it. Plus, a conversation with sportswriter Michael Wilbon, and mouthwatering low-carb appetizers with Chef Michel Nischan in the dLife Kitchen.
Special Guest: Michael Wilbon
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Understand more about diabetes and depression.
• Get the recipes for Chorizo-Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
• Watch video from this show.
• Meet the hosts.
• Read the transcript of this show.
• Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
• Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Baked Lamb and Vegetables Glazed Carrots with Orange Cheddar Cornbread Squares Farmers Market Gazpacho Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops Sesame Crab Cakes Mango and Raspberry Tart Drunken Mushrooms Chili Cheese Burgers Double-Berry Muffins
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...