Islet Cell Transplants
dLifeTV Show 207
Highlights: Are they the next best hope for a cure? dLife reports on islet cell transplantation. Plus, understanding prediabetes, and beyond insulin – a look at the other injectable drugs for diabetes. And, Michel Nischan cooks up a savory slow cooker favorite in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Learn more about Islet Transplantation.
• Find out about prediabetes risk factors and treatment.
• Get the recipe for Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken and Whole Grain Side.
• Watch video from this show.
• Meet the hosts.
• Read the transcript of this show.
• Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
• Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Meatballs Smoked Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa Homemade Guacamole Tarragon Salmon Fillets Peanut Chicken Lettuce Roll-Ups Zucchini Herb Soup Key Lime Pie Stir-Fry of Broccoli with Tofu and Cherry Tomatoes Vegetable Rice with Toasted Peanuts No-Bake Chocolate Crackles
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...