Islet Cell Transplants
dLifeTV Show 207
Highlights: Are they the next best hope for a cure? dLife reports on islet cell transplantation. Plus, understanding prediabetes, and beyond insulin – a look at the other injectable drugs for diabetes. And, Michel Nischan cooks up a savory slow cooker favorite in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Learn more about Islet Transplantation.
• Find out about prediabetes risk factors and treatment.
• Get the recipe for Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken and Whole Grain Side.
• Watch video from this show.
• Meet the hosts.
• Read the transcript of this show.
• Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
• Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Pasta with Swiss Chard and Gorgonzola Vegetarian Toastadas Grilled Beet Puree Creamy Apricot Raisin Rice Pudding Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Dilled Cucumber Salad Cinnamon Apple Chops Chinese Baked Meatballs Eggplant and Tomato Casserole Pineapple Cheesecake Squares
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...