Islet Cell Transplants
dLifeTV Show 207
Highlights: Are they the next best hope for a cure? dLife reports on islet cell transplantation. Plus, understanding prediabetes, and beyond insulin – a look at the other injectable drugs for diabetes. And, Michel Nischan cooks up a savory slow cooker favorite in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Learn more about Islet Transplantation.
• Find out about prediabetes risk factors and treatment.
• Get the recipe for Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken and Whole Grain Side.
• Watch video from this show.
• Meet the hosts.
• Read the transcript of this show.
• Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
• Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Spciy Corn Muffins Garlic Flounder Cranberry-Cheese Wontons Peppered Cauliflower Fruit Slushy Greek Pita Pizzas Apples and Yogurt Panko Crusted Dijon Chicken Fresh Fruit Dip Toasted Pecan and Broccoli Salad
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...