Islet Cell Transplants
dLifeTV Show 207
Highlights: Are they the next best hope for a cure? dLife reports on islet cell transplantation. Plus, understanding prediabetes, and beyond insulin – a look at the other injectable drugs for diabetes. And, Michel Nischan cooks up a savory slow cooker favorite in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
• Learn more about Islet Transplantation.
• Find out about prediabetes risk factors and treatment.
• Get the recipe for Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken and Whole Grain Side.
• Watch video from this show.
• Meet the hosts.
• Read the transcript of this show.
• Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
• Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
• Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken Breast Roll-Ups Mocha Sherbet Simple Italian Pasta Salad Grilled Szechwan Pork Chops Frozen Berry Yogurt Harvest Cabbage Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans (Gluten Free) Enlitened Vichyssoise Tuna Dip Garlic Parmesan Toast
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...