Diabetes at Work
dLifeTV Show 206
Highlights: Successful employees share how they excelled at their jobs, despite challenging work environments and diabetes. A “Best of dLife” special.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about PARADE Magazine Editor Fran Carpentier.
- Meet former Republican Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee.
- Get more information about diabetes rights at work.
- Experts are asked: How does one manage to test and take meds properly when working full-time third shift?
- Experts are asked: I work 3-11 shift at a very physical job. When I return home at midnight, my sugar is between 100 and 120. How low can I safely go to bed and not worry?
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Simple Sesame Spinach Asian Style Chicken Soup Cheesy Chicken Tacos Roast Turkey Stew Armenian Thin Bread Broccoli Salad Pork in Bourbon Maple Marinade Salmon Pate Cheddar Cheese Herb Muffins Avocado Salsa
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...