Diabetes at Work
dLifeTV Show 206
Highlights: Successful employees share how they excelled at their jobs, despite challenging work environments and diabetes. A “Best of dLife” special.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about PARADE Magazine Editor Fran Carpentier.
- Meet former Republican Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee.
- Get more information about diabetes rights at work.
- Experts are asked: How does one manage to test and take meds properly when working full-time third shift?
- Experts are asked: I work 3-11 shift at a very physical job. When I return home at midnight, my sugar is between 100 and 120. How low can I safely go to bed and not worry?
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Veggie Burger Peanut Butter Shakes Hot Pizza Dip Date Cookies Chocolate Mint Pie Mexican Style Salsa Mac & Cheese Indian Spiced Brussels Sprouts Salsa Manuela Yogurt and Lime Marinated Chicken Breasts
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...