dLifeTV Show 205
Highlights: In this “Best of dLife” special, dLife revisits those people with diabetes who have inspired us the most by their achievements and attitudes. From a 96-year-old pole vaulter to a prima ballerina, catch up with audience favorites.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the life of Zippora Karz and read an excerpt from her book, Sugarless Plum.
- Read an excerpt from 50 Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes by Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs and Dr. Steven V. Edelman.
- Find out how to lower your A1C.
- Get more information on weight loss.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Kiwi and Banana Smoothie Veggie and Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes Black Bean Dip Dijon Citrus Lamb Chops Corn and Onion Pancakes Mediterranean Salad with Bread sticks Egg in the Bread Coconut and Crabmeat Souffle Lemon Chickpea Dip Marinated Coleslaw
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...