dLifeTV Show 205
Highlights: In this “Best of dLife” special, dLife revisits those people with diabetes who have inspired us the most by their achievements and attitudes. From a 96-year-old pole vaulter to a prima ballerina, catch up with audience favorites.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the life of Zippora Karz and read an excerpt from her book, Sugarless Plum.
- Read an excerpt from 50 Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes by Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs and Dr. Steven V. Edelman.
- Find out how to lower your A1C.
- Get more information on weight loss.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Simple Spaghetti Sauce Spicy Pita Chips Quick Fruit Dip Red Delicious Cranberry Salad Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Low Fat Vegetable Lasagna Yellow Squash Saute Mexican Style Beef and Rice Colorful Quesadillas Pineapple Cream Tarts
Ten years ago, I sat in my Primary Care Physician's office. I had just been weighed and measured. A nurse had just taken my vitals and my blood pressure had come in a bit higher than usual, which was no wonder because I sat there a nervous wreck. In the year since my last physical, I'd gained another fourteen pounds. I was the heaviest I'd ever been, the scale clocking me in at 228 at 5'3" tall. I honestly couldn't believe it. I knew that I hadn't gotten my eating habits under control in...