Story of Insulin - Show 201
dLifeTV Show 201
Highlights: A dLife special presentation of the award-winning "Story of Insulin" The amazing saga of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of the Story of Insulin.
- Read The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Learn how to inject insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Meet Novo Nordisk Founder August Krogh.
- Take a trip to the dLife Museum and see the history of insulin.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet dLifeTV hosts Benno Schmidt and Dr. Emily Senay.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mixed Fruit Salad Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Grilled Salmon and Fresh Spinach Wraps Cucumber with Bean Sprouts Cheesy Spinach Pizza Lemon and Carrot Barley Lemon Tarragon Chicken Herbed Tomato Risotto Mix Braised Parsnips and Winter Vegetables Roni and Stacy's Energy Soup
One of the online diabetes groups I belong to (but don't frequently post to) is geared towards "frum" (Orthodox or "observant") Jewish people with (mostly type 1) diabetes. Most of the chat on the mailing list centers around people needing last-minute supplies before Shabbat or a holiday, where to acquire supplies and get medical help when visiting Israel, and advice on which pump is best for one's type 1 child — in other words, the usual sort of diabetes chatter, but...