Story of Insulin - Show 201
dLifeTV Show 201
Highlights: A dLife special presentation of the award-winning "Story of Insulin" The amazing saga of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of the Story of Insulin.
- Read The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Learn how to inject insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Meet Novo Nordisk Founder August Krogh.
- Take a trip to the dLife Museum and see the history of insulin.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet dLifeTV hosts Benno Schmidt and Dr. Emily Senay.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Peanut Butter Bears with Mini Chips Cucumber Soup Artichokes with Tofu Lemonnaise Roasted Red Pepper Soup Grilled Pork Chops in Ginger Marinade Blueberry Oat Muffins Tomato and Sprout Omelet Cold Corn Salad Crispy Oriental Pizza Date Cookies
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...