Story of Insulin - Show 201
dLifeTV Show 201
Highlights: A dLife special presentation of the award-winning "Story of Insulin" The amazing saga of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of the Story of Insulin.
- Read The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Learn how to inject insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Meet Novo Nordisk Founder August Krogh.
- Take a trip to the dLife Museum and see the history of insulin.
- Read Kelly Close's column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet dLifeTV hosts Benno Schmidt and Dr. Emily Senay.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Gourmet Spinach Souffle Fusilli with Tomatoes and Corn Scallops with Sesame Sauce Spinach Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegarette Salmon with White Wine Mustard Sauce Wild Mushroom Stew Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Apples Apricot Dijon Glazed Turkey Dinner Grilled Shrimp Kabobs Creamy Peanut Butter Soup
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...