Story of Insulin - Show 201
dLifeTV Show 201
Highlights: A dLife special presentation of the award-winning “Story of Insulin” The amazing saga of the discovery of this life-saving drug and how it has made a difference in the lives of millions. Brought to you by Novo Nordisk.
Special Guest: Professor Michael Bliss
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Watch the entire broadcast of the Story of Insulin.
- Read The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- Get more information on insulin.
- Learn how to inject insulin.
- Read more about Leonard Thompson in the dLife Fame pages.
- Meet Novo Nordisk Founder August Krogh.
- Take a trip to the dLife Museum and see the history of insulin.
- Read Kelly Close’s column for the latest in diabetes research.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet dLifeTV hosts Benno Schmidt and Dr. Emily Senay.
- Read the transcript to this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cheesy Breakfast Wrap Quick and Healthy Black-Eyed Peas Roasted Herb Rubbed Flank Steak Countryside Couscous Chocolate-Drizzled Cream Puffs Veggie and Cheese Mini-Pizzas Lemon and Basil Penne Pasta Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip Low Fat Turkey Meat Loaf Polenta With Parmesan
I sat with a colleague today who I adore. She has had a few dogs over the years, and she treats those animals as her second wave of children. She's a mother of a beautiful daughter and a stepmother, but she also very much considers herself a parent to her canine little ones. Her dog, a teeny little 13 pound, 14 year old poodle has just been diagnosed with diabetes. Insulin-controlled. They took her to the vet thinking that she had a urinary tract infection and were told...