Highlights: Diabetes is the leading cause of non-traumatic lower limb amputation. Get the information you need to avoid becoming a statistic. Also, the latest advances in the artificial pancreas; your exercise questions answered by dLife’s doctor on call; and a pro athlete whose face-off with diabetes happens on and off the ice.
Special Guests: Toby Peterson of the Dallas Stars
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Check out our amputation resources.
- Get the recipe for Slow-Cook French Onion Soup.
- Read "For Now, Artificial Pancreas May Be Next Best Thing to a Cure."
- Learn more about aerobic versus anerobic exercise.
- Meet more athletes with diabetes.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Garlic Sizzled Mushrooms Lamb Sirloin with Onion Ragout and Spinach Creole Pork Roast Grilled Zucchini and Cheese Wrap Stovetop Venison Casserole Chicken and Rice Salad with Orange Dressing Pineapple Carrot Muffins Blueberry Banana Muffins Double Cheese Potato Tart Salmon Pasta
When the Dexcom monitor flashed a warning that it was time to order a new transmitter, I figured I’d at least have a couple of weeks before it went kaput. So we numbed the back of Charlie’s arm for about 40 minutes, slapped the sensor on him and waited two hours for the warm-up period. And waited. And … waited. Unlike the signal spottiness we experienced occasionally when we were using the Medtronic CGM, the Dexcom...