Highlights: Diabetes is the leading cause of non-traumatic lower limb amputation. Get the information you need to avoid becoming a statistic. Also, the latest advances in the artificial pancreas; your exercise questions answered by dLife’s doctor on call; and a pro athlete whose face-off with diabetes happens on and off the ice.
Special Guests: Toby Peterson of the Dallas Stars
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Check out our amputation resources.
- Get the recipe for Slow-Cook French Onion Soup.
- Read "For Now, Artificial Pancreas May Be Next Best Thing to a Cure."
- Learn more about aerobic versus anerobic exercise.
- Meet more athletes with diabetes.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Creamed Asparagus Soup Tempeh Sandwich Thyme and Spice Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Sesame Ginger Turkey Cornish Hens with Thai Relish Cinnamon Nutmeg Pumpkin Soup Honey-Lime Watermelon Dunk Mango Salad with Citrus Sauce Tabbouleh Salad Asparagus and Endive Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...