Brain and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 198
Highlights: Learn how diabetes can affect your memory and mental function, and how to reduce your risk. Plus, dLife goes back to school with a look at diabetes on the college campus; one woman’s amazing weight loss story; and a healthy steak dinner that won’t break the bank.
Special Guests: Dr. Alan Jacobson
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn how to be prepared for diabetes management on campus.
- Take care of your diabetes for all seasons.
- Get the recipe for Grilled Flank Steak with Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad.
- Start controlling your weight.
- Check your knowledge about mixing alcohol with diabetes.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Garlic Soup with Toast Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak Collard Greens and Onions Drumsticks Cacciatore-style Orange-Pineapple Sherbet Roast Beef Gyro Spicy Garlic Potatoes Fresh Spinach and Mushroom Medley Yeast Pizza Dough (Gluten Free) Olive and Onion Spread
Like many others in the diabetes online community, I was very happy to see Denise Faustman’s clinical testing of a type 1 diabetes vaccine moving to phase 2. While I’ve learned to contain my happiness when stories about cures for diabetes come and go, I do believe that if there is one, it will be her warm, bespectacled and freckled face on the front page of the story. While I take the news with a grain of salt, it’s certainly better to...