dLifeTV Show 197
Highlights: A special report on the global pandemic of diabetes; a pharmacist explains how your medicines can interact with your diabetes treatment; and dLife’s doctor on call answers your questions about insulin and weight gain. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan with a crispy veggie taste treat.
Special Guests: Fran Kaufmann
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Check out the list of medications that can affect your blood glucose.
- Learn more about how to inject insulin.
- Get help managing your weight.
- Get the recipe for Crispy “Fried” Veggies.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Tex-Mex Casserole Paulina's Italian Cream Soda Farmer's Salad Southern-Style Cajun Pork Strawberry Cheesecake Snacks Puréed Tomato and Almond Salsa Thin Crepes Skinless Roast Chicken Chinoise Asparagus with Almonds Italian Salad
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...