dLifeTV Show 197
Highlights: A special report on the global pandemic of diabetes; a pharmacist explains how your medicines can interact with your diabetes treatment; and dLife’s doctor on call answers your questions about insulin and weight gain. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan with a crispy veggie taste treat.
Special Guests: Fran Kaufmann
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Check out the list of medications that can affect your blood glucose.
- Learn more about how to inject insulin.
- Get help managing your weight.
- Get the recipe for Crispy “Fried” Veggies.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Chicken-Vegetable Dish Honey Cookies Braised Kale Tenderloin Mexicana steak Strawberry-Rhubarb Sundaes Carpaccio with Caper Sauce Fruit-Stuffed Vidalia Onions Orange, Jicama, & Watercress Salad Halibut Florentine New Potatoes with Chives
What's the first thing you do, after opening a new vial of test strips? Run a control test, right? (Well, that's what you're supposed to do, even though it "wastes" one or more of that precious commodity.) Every vial of test strips has a reference range for one or more control solutions. (If there's more than one range, our vials of control solution usually tell us to look for the "normal" or "low" range.) What...