dLifeTV Show 196
Highlights: From Facebook to forums, dLife takes a look at how online social networks are making a difference in diabetes health. Then, Chef Michel Nischan with low-carb chocolate cake and a dolphin trainer who doesn’t jump through hoops for diabetes. Also, dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents’ religious views.
Special Guests: Jeff Kapche, Robin Cox
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Become a fan of dLIfe on Facebook!
- Follow dLife on Twitter!
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Get the recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Salmon Casserole Low Carb, Low Fat - Apple Cake Bran Splenda Muffins Tofu, Scallion, and Ginger Dip Green Rice Apple and Spice Muffins Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole Low-Fat Homemade Oven fries Gazpacho Dressing Cottage Cheese Toasts
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...