dLifeTV Show 196
Highlights: From Facebook to forums, dLife takes a look at how online social networks are making a difference in diabetes health. Then, Chef Michel Nischan with low-carb chocolate cake and a dolphin trainer who doesn’t jump through hoops for diabetes. Also, dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents’ religious views.
Special Guests: Jeff Kapche, Robin Cox
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Become a fan of dLIfe on Facebook!
- Follow dLife on Twitter!
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Get the recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Five-Spice Vegetable Potstickers Dilled Salmon Pasta With Asparagus Cold Cucumber Soup Mediterranean Mayonaise Parmesan Bruschetta Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes Citrus and Arugula Salad White Gazpacho Four-Grain Cornbread
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...