dLife Episode 192
Highlights: Author, businessman, and star of the hit reality show “Little People, Big World,” Matt Roloff shares his dLife. Plus the answers to all of those embarrassing diabetes questions you were afraid to ask, and a mother who is trying hard to keep her young son from following in his grandfather’s footsteps.
Special Guests: Matt Roloff
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet more celebrities with diabetes.
- Don’t be shy. Get answers to some embarrassing questions.
- A New Normal – the mother of a type 1 child shares her perspective.
- Diabetes Dad – caring for a child with diabetes from one dad’s perspective.
- Get the recipe for Sugar Free Cheesecake.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Sunburst Chicken Salad Frittata Di Spaghetti Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Gluten Free) Lemon Dill Carrots Peanut Butter Stir-Fry Salad Cucumber and Sorrel Soup Roasted Tomatoes Healthy Holiday Cranberry Chutney Herbed Braised Carrots Cilantro/Jalapeno Pickled Shrimp
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...