Sports Fan Food
dLifeTV Show 191
Highlights: dLife helps sports fans win with the best food choices in the stadium, sports bar, and right at home. Plus, hear from the Centers for Disease Control’s Ann Albright, a major player in the government’s effort to combat diabetes. And in the dLife kitchen: a delicious one-pot chicken dish.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get the best snacks for your next sports event.
- Learn more about ways to help the diabetes cause.
- Get the recipe for One Pot Chicken & Mushrooms.
- Read Kalimah Johnson’s dLife column, Get It Together, Sugar.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Grilled Tomatoes on Soda Bread Homemade Guacamole Chicken with Quinoa (KEEN - wah) Vegetable Kabobs Pears Stuffed with Ricotta and Cream Cheese Apple Onion Soup Tilapia with Cilantro Butter Coffee Glazed Pork Tenderloin Oatmeal & Apple Mini Muffins Mocha Sherbet
Most of the time, we bash the lastest news about a "diabetes cure" because it is neither a cure, nor often even a significant improvement in diabetes treatment. Usually these "cures" are tested in mice, but fail to make the leap over to human physiology. Devices may work in the lab, but take decades to pass through FDA review, and still not be much better than what we already have. It's enough to make us all jaded. I know I am. But I saw something...