Sports Fan Food
dLifeTV Show 191
Highlights: dLife helps sports fans win with the best food choices in the stadium, sports bar, and right at home. Plus, hear from the Centers for Disease Control’s Ann Albright, a major player in the government’s effort to combat diabetes. And in the dLife kitchen: a delicious one-pot chicken dish.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get the best snacks for your next sports event.
- Learn more about ways to help the diabetes cause.
- Get the recipe for One Pot Chicken & Mushrooms.
- Read Kalimah Johnson’s dLife column, Get It Together, Sugar.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Antipasto Salsa Applesauce Glazed Chicken Enlitened's Reduced Carb Apple Cobbler Tomatillo Guacamole Banana Snack 'Tis the Season for Tiramisu Bites Mixed Green Salad German Style Beef Roast Holiday Bulgur Salad Chilled Chili Corn Milk
In high school biology, we learned that another term for carbohydrates is "polysaccharides". These break down into "discaccharides", and further into "monosaccharides". These small-molecule carbohydrates are more commonly known as "sugars". Similarly, we learned that fats are (after a long process) broken down into monosaccharides, and parts of proteins are broken down into these as well. We learned about three common disaccharides —...