Dogs & Cats
dLifeTV Show 190
Highlights: Dogs and cats get diabetes, too. A veterinarian explains how to recognize, and treat, diabetes in your pet. Plus, driving with diabetes – do you know what you need to do before you get behind the wheel. And Jim Turner admits that when it comes to his health, he just isn’t perfect.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get a grip on driving with diabetes.
- Learn the recipe for Braised Kale.
- Get the 411 on Diabetes 911.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Zucchini Spread Blueberry Oats Veggie Quesadilla Holiday Meatballs with Cranberry-Tomato Sauce Stir-Fried Fish with Orange Sauce Shrimp Pasta Chicken and Broccoli Bake Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies Fat-Free Curry Dip Chicken and Vegetables in Tomato Sauce
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...