CBS News' Bob Schieffer
dLifeTV Show 189
Highlights: dLife visits journalist Bob Schieffer to find out how he ‘faces the nation’ each week with diabetes. And a high flying airline employee shows us what it’s like to stay healthy at 20,000 feet. Plus, amazing triathletes with diabetes and Jim Turner on the fears we face.
Special Guests: Bob Schieffer
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get help preparing for your next trip.
- Learn how to handle a diabetes emergency.
- Know your rights.
- See and learn more about Triabetes.
- Take diabetes management to the extreme.
- Get the recipe for Chicken Saltimbocca.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Flourless Almond Torte Artichoke Caviar with Endive Leaves Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta Blue Ribbon Meatloaf Sweet Cherry Fruit Soup Spaghetti Pizza St. Pat's Lime Fizz Roasted Herb Rubbed Flank Steak Hot Fudge Waffle Sundaes with Neapolitan Ice cream Red Wine and Lemon Prunes
Glucagon is one of those things that hasn't changed much in the diabetes world, in terms of packaging, dosing, method of delivery, since the time of my diagnosis in 1982. It's also one of those items that you buy in the same vein as say a generator. You might never use it, but it sure as heck is handy to have should your lights go out. The first time I was given glucagon was on the front lawn of my childhood home. What I remember of that night was going to bed after a...