Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Black Beans and Rice Barley Lentil Soup Ham and Cheese Egg White Omelette Egg Scramble Salmon and Fettuccine in a Creamy White Sauce Pineapple Carrot Cake Christmas Morning Baked French Toast Chilled Watermelon Soup Italian Asparagus Chicken Papadoris
I have spent the past three days dealing with an evil stomach bug. Gastro issues, bloodsugar issues and a headache for the ages - along with a low grade fever - left me in bed trying (and mostly failing) to rest. I'm back at work today after two sick days, but still on slo-mo. Weird bloodsugars are always my "getting sick" miner's canary. Everyone knows what a miner's canary is, right? Back in the day, miners would keep a caged bird (often a canary) with them in the mine....