Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Cajun Style Catfish Vegetable and Chicken Soup Herbed Garlic Crostini Marinated Tomato/Basil Salad Crunchy Yogurt Parfait Orange Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping Dark Chocolate Brownies Red Lentil Soup with Lemon Yogurt Apricot Glazed Shrimp Kabobs Mulled Wine
With Charlie home now for the summer and under Susanne’s watchful eye, you would think there’s no need for me to plug in NightScout at all. Why would I need to watch blood sugars while at work each day? What good would that do? The whole point of the thing was to be a second (or third) set of eyes when Charlie was at school or at a friend’s house or in Japan. BECAUSE I’M A CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! That’s why. Watching Charlie’s numbers like...