Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Jack-o- Lantern Sandwich Graham-Cracker Pie Crust Ham Pasta Salad Grilled Salmon Salad with Orange-Basil Vinaigrette Christmas Chip Dip Green Bean Stir-Fry Hot Fruit Compote Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie Apricot Cooler
This morning it wasn’t the sun, the wind, or the birds that woke me up. It was the soft, insistent vibrating of a medical device urging me to check my blood sugar. Opening my eyes, still safely under the covers, I checked my blood sugar with a meter smaller than a deck of cards, calibrated my continuous glucose monitor, and then glanced at my insulin pump — which reminded me that today was the day I needed to change my infusion set. My dLife is pretty high tech. And I’m...