Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Cottage Cheese Clam Dip Key Lime Pie Peanut Butter and Jam Parfait Carrot and Cabbage Slaw French Style Vinaigrette Barley Albondigas Soup Mediterranean Pork Chicken Caesar Roll-Up Frittata Di Spaghetti Orange and Onion Salad
Wednesday, a couple came into the store looking for teal paint to paint a (live) pumpkin. Oddly-colored pumpkins are part-and-parcel of Hallowe'en decorations in this environment: our undecorated pumpkins come in orange, cream, and black. Two years ago our manager spray-painted one purple-glitter; last year the floral designer ModPodged colorful scrapbooking papers to three tiered pumpkins. But this couple was looking for a specific shade of teal, the same way...