Diabetes During Hard Times
dLifeTV Show 188
Highlights: We’re facing the toughest economic times in decades, and those with diabetes can be hit especially hard. We’ll have one family’s story. Plus, find out how to get the most out of your health insurance benefits. And Chef Michel Nischan prepares a low-carb seafood dish just bursting with nutrients—and flavor!
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get helping paying for your diabetes care.
- Get the most out of your health insurance benefits.
- Learn more about ketoacidosis.
- Find a clinical trial.
- Learn more about neuropathy.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Marmalade-Ginger Pork Chops Standing Rib Roast Summer Apple Mint Salad Cool Shrimp Dip Refreshing Iced Mint Tea Pineapple Honey Chicken Breasts Tomato Saute Meatballs with Tomato and Zucchini Medley Mexican Crab Cakes Fried Chicken
Someone at work asked me for a “fun fact” about myself for an upcoming newsletter highlighting recent accomplishments. Having just had an absolutely hellish day and night of high blood sugars, I thought … Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was 525 yesterday. Fun Fact: My son’s blood sugar was so high that he couldn’t take part in his hockey team’s end-of-season party. Fun Fact: It took several...