dLifeTV Show 186
Highlights: The amazing story of a man whose quest takes him through the frozen tundra of Alaska. Plus, step on stage with Jim Turner and his one-man diabetes show. And, Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make the ultimate comfort food—meat loaf—the low carb way.
Special Guests: Bruce Linton
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Play extreme sports and manage your diabetes too. Find out how.
- Meet more athletes with diabetes.
- Learn more about continuous glucose monitoring systems.
- Manage diabetes in any weather.
- Make a difference.
- Get Low-Carb Meat Loaf and Green Beans Amandine recipes.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Almond Stuffed Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce Quick Shrimp Etouffee Chili and Bean Dip Veggie Cream Cheese Soup-Up Tomato Soup Salmon with Fresh Tomato Salsa Asian Pasta Salad with Vegetables Green Goddess Dip Spinach and Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...