dLifeTV Show 186
Highlights: The amazing story of a man whose quest takes him through the frozen tundra of Alaska. Plus, step on stage with Jim Turner and his one-man diabetes show. And, Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make the ultimate comfort food—meat loaf—the low carb way.
Special Guests: Bruce Linton
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Play extreme sports and manage your diabetes too. Find out how.
- Meet more athletes with diabetes.
- Learn more about continuous glucose monitoring systems.
- Manage diabetes in any weather.
- Make a difference.
- Get Low-Carb Meat Loaf and Green Beans Amandine recipes.
- Get answers to your diabetes questions or give answers of your own.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Diabetes Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Black and White Cheesecake Bars With Nuts Sweet and Sour Carrots Crunchy Chicken Bites with Thai Peanut Sauce Marinated Grilled Chicken Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes Fruit Empanadas Cranberry Nut Muffins Crispy Cajun Chicken Fresh Apples and Pears With Brandied Ricotta Goat Cheese & Pecan Spinach Salad
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...