Smoking and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 185
Highlights: Why kicking the smoking habit is harder when you have diabetes, and tips for quitting. Then, back from Iraq, a soldier returns home to his toddler’s diabetes management. Also, the special issues of women with diabetes, and a Jim Turner flashback to his teen years.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Cut your risk of developing cancer. Quit smoking today.
- Diabetes Dad – caring for a child with diabetes from one dad’s perspective.
- Get the female perspective on diabetes.
- Get the recipes for:
o Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
o Cranberry-Raspberry Breeze
o Apple Spinach Salad
o California Shrimp Topper
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Vegetarian Meatloaf Peach-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops Pork Tenderloin Diane with Wild Rice Sugar-Free Rugelach Italian Tossed Salad Roast Pork Tenderloin Red Beans and Rice Curried Lentil Salad Fresh Salsa Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...