Smoking and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 185
Highlights: Why kicking the smoking habit is harder when you have diabetes, and tips for quitting. Then, back from Iraq, a soldier returns home to his toddler’s diabetes management. Also, the special issues of women with diabetes, and a Jim Turner flashback to his teen years.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Cut your risk of developing cancer. Quit smoking today.
- Diabetes Dad – caring for a child with diabetes from one dad’s perspective.
- Get the female perspective on diabetes.
- Get the recipes for:
o Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
o Cranberry-Raspberry Breeze
o Apple Spinach Salad
o California Shrimp Topper
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
English Muffin Melt Apricot Fruit Snacks Bruscetta with Arugula, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Potato Cabbage Patties Shrimp and Vegetable Jambalaya Toasty Pizza Rounds Mayo Muffins Gingersnap and Graham Cracker Crust Seared Chicken and Peppers Homemade Vegetable Stock
As a Type A personality with a perfectionist streak, diabetes management is something that easily gets under my skin. If I can’t do something perfect, then I’d much rather just not do it at all. Which is why burnout creeps up on me super fast. A few days of pesky numbers and I am ready to throw all things diabetes out the window and watch it get hit by an 18-wheeler. So attempting to get my A1c into the lowest possible range ever has proven incredibly tasking for my perfectionist...