Smoking and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 185
Highlights: Why kicking the smoking habit is harder when you have diabetes, and tips for quitting. Then, back from Iraq, a soldier returns home to his toddler’s diabetes management. Also, the special issues of women with diabetes, and a Jim Turner flashback to his teen years.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Cut your risk of developing cancer. Quit smoking today.
- Diabetes Dad – caring for a child with diabetes from one dad’s perspective.
- Get the female perspective on diabetes.
- Get the recipes for:
o Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
o Cranberry-Raspberry Breeze
o Apple Spinach Salad
o California Shrimp Topper
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...