Smoking and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 185
Highlights: Why kicking the smoking habit is harder when you have diabetes, and tips for quitting. Then, back from Iraq, a soldier returns home to his toddler’s diabetes management. Also, the special issues of women with diabetes, and a Jim Turner flashback to his teen years.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Cut your risk of developing cancer. Quit smoking today.
- Diabetes Dad – caring for a child with diabetes from one dad’s perspective.
- Get the female perspective on diabetes.
- Get the recipes for:
o Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
o Cranberry-Raspberry Breeze
o Apple Spinach Salad
o California Shrimp Topper
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Codfish Casserole Bacon 'n' Egg Pockets Summertime Fresh Fruit Delight Classic French Onion Soup Mouthwatering Macaroon Cookies Surfin' Salmon Crustless Cheese Quiche Turkey Cutlets with Mozzarella & Roast Red Peppers Pasta Salad on a Stick Blue Heaven Cornbread
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...