Living Long with Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 184
Air Date: Sept. 28, 2008
Highlights: What’s the secret to living a long and active life with diabetes? dLife talks to people who have done it. Plus, a trip to the dentist to find out how oral health impacts diabetes health; learning how to change the behaviors and habits that can derail diabetes management; and down-home cooking in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Can you handle sex and diabetes? Find out!
- Get more information about caring for your teeth.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Teriyaki Burgers Tomato Cocktail Turkey Salad With Grapes Margarita Grouper Fillets Heavenly Angel Food Cake California Wrap Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf (Gluten Free) Minted Pesto Fish and Fruit Kabobs Tomato Dill Soup
What's the first thing you do, after opening a new vial of test strips? Run a control test, right? (Well, that's what you're supposed to do, even though it "wastes" one or more of that precious commodity.) Every vial of test strips has a reference range for one or more control solutions. (If there's more than one range, our vials of control solution usually tell us to look for the "normal" or "low" range.) What...