Living Long with Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 184
Air Date: Sept. 28, 2008
Highlights: What’s the secret to living a long and active life with diabetes? dLife talks to people who have done it. Plus, a trip to the dentist to find out how oral health impacts diabetes health; learning how to change the behaviors and habits that can derail diabetes management; and down-home cooking in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Can you handle sex and diabetes? Find out!
- Get more information about caring for your teeth.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Moroccan Vegetable Soup Chutney Chicken Salad Blueberry Banana Muffins Spicy Mushrooms Fresh Fruit Pizza Luscious Lemon Ice Cream Apple and Walnut Salad with Cranberry Mock Meatballs Ruby Honey Glazed Grilled Chicken Ham Hash and Eggs
When last we left this saga, my doctor had me staying out from work for an additional week, but with the head swelling down, I was bound to be back on the bicycle as soon as possible (you know what they say about getting back on the horse that threw you...). I had planned to take my sister on a short (under a mile) ride — both for the company and to get us both on the bicycle. She turned chicken and I ended up going the "flat" route to the greengrocer — a little...