Living Long with Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 184
Air Date: Sept. 28, 2008
Highlights: What’s the secret to living a long and active life with diabetes? dLife talks to people who have done it. Plus, a trip to the dentist to find out how oral health impacts diabetes health; learning how to change the behaviors and habits that can derail diabetes management; and down-home cooking in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Can you handle sex and diabetes? Find out!
- Get more information about caring for your teeth.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Asparagus Vinaigrette Herb Flavored Broiled Lamb Chops Andama Rolls with Sage Zucchini and Swiss Pie Slow-Cooker Chicken Broth Chicken with Corn Bread Topping Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary and Thyme Low-Carb Almond Cream with Berries Sage and Garlic Pork Stew
I recently read a very interesting article on the state of precision medicine in the treatment of cancer in Popular Science magazine. Precision medicine, also called "individualized medicine", uses several types of genetic markers for known medical...