Living Long with Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 184
Air Date: Sept. 28, 2008
Highlights: What’s the secret to living a long and active life with diabetes? dLife talks to people who have done it. Plus, a trip to the dentist to find out how oral health impacts diabetes health; learning how to change the behaviors and habits that can derail diabetes management; and down-home cooking in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Can you handle sex and diabetes? Find out!
- Get more information about caring for your teeth.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Perfect Pie Crust Potato Egg Salad Garlic Spinach Thai Seafood Salad Crunchy Summer Vegetable Salad Pepper Shrimp Tortellini Soup Asian Style Chicken Strips Stuffed with Mushrooms Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Chops Beef, Barley, and Vegetable Soup
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...