Living Long with Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 184
Air Date: Sept. 28, 2008
Highlights: What’s the secret to living a long and active life with diabetes? dLife talks to people who have done it. Plus, a trip to the dentist to find out how oral health impacts diabetes health; learning how to change the behaviors and habits that can derail diabetes management; and down-home cooking in the dLife kitchen.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes.
- Get fitness tips for seniors.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Pan-Fried Catfish with Southwest Tartar Sauce.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Can you handle sex and diabetes? Find out!
- Get more information about caring for your teeth.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Ground Papaya and Greens Brown Sugar Apple Pudding Garden Omelet Artichoke and Cumin Dip Cheddar Penny Crackers Saucy Apple Pork Roast Salmon Tacos Savory Seitan Fajitas Orange Ginger Chicken Thighs Tempeh and Noodle Soup
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...