Thyroid and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 182
Highlights: Find out about a little-known complication that affects over 10 percent of people with diabetes — are you at risk? Plus, a mouthwatering Barbeque Brisket that’s inexpensive and easy to make; listening in on kids talking about diabetes; and a look at how to handle the diabetes police.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about your thyroid.
- What to do about diabetes police.
- Get more information to help your child with diabetes.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Barbeque Beef Brisket.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Venison Tenderloin with Wild Mushroom Sauce Chapatis Flatbread Shrimp Fettuccine Beet, Cabbage, and Tomato Soup Nutty Stir-Fry Vegetables and Chicken Sausage Strata with Green Onions Artichoke and Leek Soup Fruit Empanadas Colorful Vegatable Slaw Corn-Olive Salad
One of the online diabetes groups I belong to (but don't frequently post to) is geared towards "frum" (Orthodox or "observant") Jewish people with (mostly type 1) diabetes. Most of the chat on the mailing list centers around people needing last-minute supplies before Shabbat or a holiday, where to acquire supplies and get medical help when visiting Israel, and advice on which pump is best for one's type 1 child — in other words, the usual sort of diabetes chatter, but...