Thyroid and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 182
Highlights: Find out about a little-known complication that affects over 10 percent of people with diabetes — are you at risk? Plus, a mouthwatering Barbeque Brisket that’s inexpensive and easy to make; listening in on kids talking about diabetes; and a look at how to handle the diabetes police.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about your thyroid.
- What to do about diabetes police.
- Get more information to help your child with diabetes.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Barbeque Beef Brisket.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...