Thyroid and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 182
Highlights: Find out about a little-known complication that affects over 10 percent of people with diabetes — are you at risk? Plus, a mouthwatering Barbeque Brisket that’s inexpensive and easy to make; listening in on kids talking about diabetes; and a look at how to handle the diabetes police.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about your thyroid.
- What to do about diabetes police.
- Get more information to help your child with diabetes.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Barbeque Beef Brisket.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Potatoes with Poblano Chilies Three Cheese and Basil Baked Eggplant Parmesan Vegetable Salad with Feta Dressing Garlic Lima Bean Soup Cheesy Vegetables au Gratin Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes Mediterranean Rub Cream of Cauliflower Soup Green Beans and Tomato Sauté Oatmeal & Apple Mini Muffins
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...