Thyroid and Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 182
Highlights: Find out about a little-known complication that affects over 10 percent of people with diabetes — are you at risk? Plus, a mouthwatering Barbeque Brisket that’s inexpensive and easy to make; listening in on kids talking about diabetes; and a look at how to handle the diabetes police.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about your thyroid.
- What to do about diabetes police.
- Get more information to help your child with diabetes.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Barbeque Beef Brisket.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...