Diabetes Behind Bars
dLifeTV Show 179
Highlights: dLife investigates diabetes care in America’s prisons and jails. And, more Real People, Real stories as we visit a woman who has a high flying way of staying fit and in control. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan gives a comfort food favorite — meatloaf — a low-carb makeover.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet more Real People with Real Stories.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Low-Carb Meatloaf.
- Check your diabetes jargon.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Egg Flower Soup Minestrone Soup Lucky Black-Eyed Peas (Gluten Free) Mediterranean Couscous Salad White Gazpacho Spaghetti Squash with Black Beans & Zucchini Italian Vegetable Salad Mediterranean Chopped Salad Cabbage and Grape Salad with Honey-Ginger Dressing Sweet & Sour Green Tomato Salsa
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...