Diabetes Behind Bars
dLifeTV Show 179
Highlights: dLife investigates diabetes care in America’s prisons and jails. And, more Real People, Real stories as we visit a woman who has a high flying way of staying fit and in control. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan gives a comfort food favorite — meatloaf — a low-carb makeover.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet more Real People with Real Stories.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Low-Carb Meatloaf.
- Check your diabetes jargon.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Beef Roast With Tomato-Wine Gravy Fish and Rice Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies Hot Chicken Sandwiches Broccoli with Ginger Gnocchi Rolled Veggie Quesadillas Bran Muffins Individual Bread Pudding Snacks Tossed Salad with Tomato/Basil Dressing
With Charlie home now for the summer and under Susanne’s watchful eye, you would think there’s no need for me to plug in NightScout at all. Why would I need to watch blood sugars while at work each day? What good would that do? The whole point of the thing was to be a second (or third) set of eyes when Charlie was at school or at a friend’s house or in Japan. BECAUSE I’M A CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! That’s why. Watching Charlie’s numbers like...