Diabetes Behind Bars
dLifeTV Show 179
Highlights: dLife investigates diabetes care in America’s prisons and jails. And, more Real People, Real stories as we visit a woman who has a high flying way of staying fit and in control. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan gives a comfort food favorite — meatloaf — a low-carb makeover.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Meet more Real People with Real Stories.
- Watch Chef Michel Nischan prepare Low-Carb Meatloaf.
- Check your diabetes jargon.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Find out healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Shrimp and Vegetable Jambalaya Biscuits Fillet of Sole with Mustard Sauce Asian Glazed Salmon Cheesy Beef Casserole Breakfast Topping Nechama Cohen's -Kosher Cooking Chicken Soup Tasty "Fried" Chicken Savory Seasoned Popcorn Bacon Cheese Fondue
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...