What is Good Control?
dLifeTV Show 177
Highlights: Is your doctor targeting the right blood glucose value for you? dLife looks at the debate behind long-term blood sugar goals. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan makes a mock mac and cheese that cuts the carbs but not the flavor. And, take a ride on the open road with a grandmother who doesn’t let diabetes stand in the way of her passion for motorcycles.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Understand blood sugar numbers.
- Get the A1C/EAG chart.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out here then get more information.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Scroll through other healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Brandy Gouda Dip Squash and Sweet Onions Tomato Raspberry Salsa Mouthwatering Nuts Oatmeal - Banana Bread Pudding Lentil Salad with Vegetables Super Shortcake Lemon Chickpea Dip Blackened Tuna with Remoulade Sauce Broiled Chicken Breasts with Cilantro Salsa
Isn't life all just a bit of give and take? We give things to get others, we take things to give ourselves things or to give others things (ala Robin Hood?). I think this is particularly true with diabetes. For example, at a wedding held later in the night, I might take a piece of cake to give myself either two hours of dancing OR maybe give myself a sleepless rest of the evening because of skyrocketing bloodsugar. I give myself a...