What is Good Control?
dLifeTV Show 177
Highlights: Is your doctor targeting the right blood glucose value for you? dLife looks at the debate behind long-term blood sugar goals. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan makes a mock mac and cheese that cuts the carbs but not the flavor. And, take a ride on the open road with a grandmother who doesn’t let diabetes stand in the way of her passion for motorcycles.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Understand blood sugar numbers.
- Get the A1C/EAG chart.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out here then get more information.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Scroll through other healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Broccoli, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad Herb Lavosh Honey Mustard Asparagus Cider Pork Medallions Garlic and Herb Oven Fried Halibut Carrot-Lime Salad Caesar Salad with Croutons Mock Chocolate Éclair Dessert Italian Sausage Black Bean Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...