What is Good Control?
dLifeTV Show 177
Highlights: Is your doctor targeting the right blood glucose value for you? dLife looks at the debate behind long-term blood sugar goals. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan makes a mock mac and cheese that cuts the carbs but not the flavor. And, take a ride on the open road with a grandmother who doesn’t let diabetes stand in the way of her passion for motorcycles.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Understand blood sugar numbers.
- Get the A1C/EAG chart.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out here then get more information.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Scroll through other healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Grilled Tuna with Herbs Date-Oat Muffins Herbed Pan Gravy Bell Pepper Nachos Bread and Butter Pudding Noodles & Cabbage Bell Pepper and Onion Sauté Peppers Vinaigrette Roasted Eggplant Dip Chipotle Cheddar Chard
I'm sitting waiting for a table at the cafe' for me and a friend who is running a bit late. Feeling a little off, I grab my test kit and poke my finger, getting a little blood droplet. "Does that hurt?" Asks the man sitting next to me. He's an older guy, with some pretty profound ear hair. I note the ear hair as I say "Sort of... I think I'm kind of used to it now. I've been doing it a long time." My sugar is a little elevated...