What is Good Control?
dLifeTV Show 177
Highlights: Is your doctor targeting the right blood glucose value for you? dLife looks at the debate behind long-term blood sugar goals. Plus, Chef Michel Nischan makes a mock mac and cheese that cuts the carbs but not the flavor. And, take a ride on the open road with a grandmother who doesn’t let diabetes stand in the way of her passion for motorcycles.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Understand blood sugar numbers.
- Get the A1C/EAG chart.
- Do you know your kidneys? Find out here then get more information.
- Learn more about Michel Nischan.
- Scroll through other healthy ways to have your favorite foods.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Chicken and Cantaloupe Salad Light Homemade Guacamole Lemon and White Wine Chicken Snow Pea and Tomato Stir Fry Spinach, Raisin, Pine Nut, and Garlic Stuffed Pork Salmon Canapes Chicken Breast Topped with Fancy Fruit Sauce Cranberry Apple Relish One-Dish Chicken Tostadas Halibut Wrapped in Turnip Leaves
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...